Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a PEO appointment next week to apply for my spouse visa. I checked with my bank (Natwest) some time ago to make sure that I could get official statements printed out for the last year before my PEO appointment.

I've just come back from an appointment at the bank and I've been told that in the branch they can only print statements back 6 months. As these go month by month, the latest statement I have is for May. This means my statements will only show my wages going in for May, June, July, August, and September, as my appointment will be before my October money will come in. I asked about having these statements stamped by the bank but they don't do this--apparently the logo in the top RH corner of the paper on which the statements are printed is the stamp.

It can take up to 14 days for statements to be posted out to me, and I unfortunately don't have enough time to wait for these. My consultant did suggest that I could print out my online statements for the past year, and that these count as official but wouldn't be stamped by the bank either. He advised me that they see printed online statements as the same as the statements that would be posted to me.

I also requested a letter explaining that my wages have gone into my account since March (as this is when I started my current job) but apparently they don't write letters as all letters the bank sends out are pre-approved.

Based on this, do I have enough in the way of bank statements to go to my appointment next week, or should I try to rearrange?

Thanks so much for your help,

Liz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My statements as they are now go up to 7 October, and my appointment is on the 17, so it's only 10 days. I'm just worried my statements don't start early enough as I've only got them beginning in May for the statements printed out by the bank.

I have my pay slips dating back from March.

Thanks

L

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again

Sorry for another question--I meet the minimum income requirement on my own and would rather not have to bring my husband's income into the whole application process. Is there any advantage to including both our salaries on my application?

If we do include both, I assume he also needs to have his pay slips certified by his company and that his bank statements would follow the same rules in terms of dates, stamps, etc. as mine?

Thanks again,

Liz

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If he receives hard copy pay slips,they don't have to be certified. If he receives hard copy, through the post bank statements, they don't have to be certified. You'll need his contract and an employment letter and all requirements are the same.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I am sorry I cannot advise on bank statements but this is useful information for others who might need stamped statements. I am also with Natwest and they always try to encourage customers to go paperless. However, this shows how important it is to get monthly statements in a timely fashion. I am disappointed that Natwest would not be more helpful in either stamping online statements or write a letter verifying account information.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all,

He doesn't actually have a contract, and so would have to rely on the employment letter alone. This is part of the reason I'd rather rely on just my own income if possible--can I do this or do I need to include his information as well as he's a sponsor?

Thanks

L

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I believe he's entitled to ask for a contract even if he wasn't originally issued open.

If you can't provide your most recent 6 months of pay slips and the corresponding 6 months of original or stamped bank statements showing your salary being deposited you need to consider relying on your husband's salary if he can provide all the required documents.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you!

Sorry but I didn't phrase my question correctly:

If I am above the minimum income requirement on my own and I'm able to get my bank statements stamped, then do I have to mention my husbands income at all? Or could I just leave his fields blank in the "your sponsor" section of the question?

Thanks

Liz

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Yes you can. Basic principle is only declare other source(s) of income if you have to in order to meet the financial requirement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is so helpful, thanks! My job is just a bit more straightforward than his and I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible.

Let's just hope my bank decides to cooperate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.