Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this post is repetitive but from reading the forum there seems to be different requirements for different visas so I am a bit confused.

Do I just need the most recent statement for an account (within 28 days) or 6 months worth?
I use online banking – is just printing out a copy I download OK or do I need something special from the bank to verify its authenticity?
Do I need to send statements for all my accounts (I have quite a few) or just one with a larger balance (~£20K)?
If I only include statement(s) for one account should I mention I have others?
Does the statement balance need to match the amount in the answer to the ‘The total amount of money you have for this trip’ question?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
For ancestry visa, you only need evidence of funds available when you arrive in UK and before you start earning. £3,000 to £5,000 is suggested. You need to show it's from your disposable income or transferred from savings, so show either by supplying up to 6-month worth of statement or evidence of transfer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa
What about the issue of whether e-statements downloaded and printed out are acceptable. Do I need to try to get them stamped or get different ones from the bank? I am seeing a big difference in opinion about this in various posts, but not all are applying for the same type of visa as I am, and some are quite old (ie from the UKBA days). I can't find any indication in the information provided by UKVI.

I only switched to e-statements 3 or 4 months ago. Wrong decision apparently.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get everything verified by the bank including copies, it shouldn't cost you anything unless you ask them to print your statements out.

I also sent a letter from my bank confirming the funds available in my savings account, on their letterhead, stamped etc (but to be honest I think the ECO just glanced at theis info as the copies included weren't taken, only the birth cert copies were :))

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went to the bank and had them print out 6 months of statements from both my current account and savings account. Each page was stamped by a teller. It cost me £5 all together for them to print it. Most of my money was transferred to my savings account so hopefully that's okay with them :/

Sent off my application last week. Sat here with a nervous tummy every time I check my emails!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.