Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Applicant(Nepali citizen) is having valid Dubai Residence visa & applying UK spouse visa from Dubai.
Bank Joint account name : applicant & sponsor(together) in one of the bank in Nepal.

Applicant wants to submit the bank joint account details to show one of the docs as proof of relationship between applicant and sponsor but applicant is in Dubai and joint account is in bank in Nepal, For UK spouse visa application, will it be possible to submit just the online print out of bank joint account details without bank stamp/signature ?

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
No. Anything that isn't original must be verified as original. For a bank statement that means stamped on every page by the bank or accompanied by a letter signed by a bank official on bank letterhead.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Nyclon,

A) In such case, applicant will submit the other docs as proof of relationship but not the joint account details without bank stamp, is this ok ?

B) For applying UK spouse visa, which English language test is required out of this three:
1) IELTS General Training
2) IELTS Life Skills A1
3) IELTS Life Skills B1

C)Applicant applying UK spouse visa from other than home country,Applicant(Nepali citizen) having valid Dubai Residence visa.
1) Does any documents required from applicant employer(Company) "
2) Does the 6 months bank statement required from applicant ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One month original bank statement is missing, is it ok to submit online print out of the missing month bank statement ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Applicant's payslip, bank statement or employment letter is needed if they are in work overseas. A recent requirement.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Caps4444, Firstly i too thought that bank statement required only from Sponsor but after seeing few post in the forum regarding the bank statement of applicant, my confusion began.

Hey Joppa,
as you already said above then i will arrange my payslip, bank statement or employment letter but for how many months ?

Just my curiosity to know how come all of a sudden UKVI began to ask payslip, bank statement or employment letter from the overseas applicant too, what is the reason behind that ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
So perhaps it's more prudent for the applicant to say that they are unemployed? Would remove that part of providing all this extra information? My wife stated that she was not working at the time of applying; as she had left her job the month before.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well Caps4444, it would be possible for an applicant if he/she is working & applying in the home country to say that they are unemployed even though employed, but in my case am applying for UK spouse visa from other then home country and working in Dubai for many years, UKVI would see it all details from my original passport visa stamp as been sponsored by employer in Dubai. So for me it wouldn't be possible to say am unemployed.Hence, i need to get now more extra information and papers of my own from my employer and bank as well.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
If the applicant is employed they should answer truthfully. It's really not wise to lie on a visa application. As Joppa said it's a recent addition to the application. It's a yes or no question and if yes provide something to back that up. 1 pay slip, 1 bank statement, 1 letter of employment-some combination of these things. Don't over think it. It does not impact the financial requirement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.