Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panicking a little as our biometric appointment is tomorrow and then 5 days to send evidence. I didn't think ahead obviously as we have a problem --our USA Citi bank looked at me like I was crazy when I took in the printed bank statement for them to stamp. They said we don't have a stamp. They did print off the statement at the bank for us but it looks exactly the same as what I printed off online (has our name , address , date and full statement on it) they were helpful and said I can give you a reference letter which just Said

Name address and account number and that this account belongs to blah blah and was opened on blah blah date.
Then she signed it and attached her business card.

Is this ok ?

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
This is what FM-SE says:

1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:
(a) Bank statements must:
(i) be from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(ii) not be from a financial institution on the list of excluded institutions in Appendix P of these rules.
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.
(iv) cover the period(s) specified.
(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks nyclon- I did read the requirements and even other forms reguarding bank statements and I just assumed (bad judgement on my part) the bank had stamp and this would not be an issue.
Just not sure exactly what the letter from the bank should say - they are more than willing to help but they weren't sure exactly what to write and neither was I lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what FM-SE says:

1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:
(a) Bank statements must:
(i) be from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(ii) not be from a financial institution on the list of excluded institutions in Appendix P of these rules.
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.
(iv) cover the period(s) specified.
(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
Just want to thank you so much Nyclon - i printed this off and took it with me to the bank.. it helped so much. They dont have a stamp but she gave a reference letter, printed our bank statement, signed each page and then she generated a letter saying she had done all the above and signed and dated that too! She covered every avenue for us. This site is extremely helpful.. you and the other moderators truly are making a difference!

·
Registered
35 Posts
What I did, is have them sent to me all stamped, it had a covering letter showing my name and address. Ask the representative to stamp them all for you on the phone, also tell her you need Sighned and Stamped and they do it for you. From my experience having them sent to you is the best way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.