Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My husband gets his bank statements through the post. But now we are trying to apply for the visa under Cat A he has found out that some statements are missing. He called the bank and they sent him the bank statements for the last 6 months which are black and white and it says duplicate in the background of every page (water mark).
Also in one of the pages it says, this is a duplicate for the ones already sent.

Will this be a problem? or do we need the originals?

Please, i need your help. thank you.

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
I think it's safer to get the bank to stamp each page of duplicate statement and authenticate it as genuine. If he can find the originals, that would be better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Joppa,

Thank you for the advice! Ok i will ask my husband to get them stamped.
I also hope he can find the originals. Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Joppa,

I am a little sad because the bank told my husband that they can only sign the statement duplicates but they are not able to stamp them :(

It is disappointing because i know that the statements are a huge part of the application.

My husband can't find the rest of the original statements and we are applying in 2 weeks. I wonder if their signature is enough??

I need your advice, please. thank you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joppa, what do you think about the signatures and no stamp on the statements?

Please advice, thank you Joppa.

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
Can they write a letter authenticating the duplicates?

3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively electronic bank statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

So the rule is very clear. They think a signature can be forged.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Joppa,

My husband finally got the statement duplicates stamped and signed by the bank.
He couldn't find the September original statement, so we only got Mid April to Mid October but September is still missing.

We plan to submit the originals (only one month missing) and also include the duplicates that the bank authenticated. Is this ok to do or we are sending too much papers?

Also, 2 of the original bank statements have some coffee marks on them :( will it be disrespectful to send them like that to the ECO?

Please advice, thanks. greetings :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.