Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help with my concern regarding to bank statements.
I am applying fiance visa under Cat A,
My sponsor received bank statement by post for 5 months(Dec- May), and the latest month he ordered by post but didn't come so he went to the bank to ask for bank statement, the bank printed all of his transactions for 6 months, It says 'Account transaction detail' on the top. So I guess this is not electronic bank statements but original. But only December ones are on a plain paper instead of bank stationary since their system could only go back until January.They wrote a letter saying about this but there's no date or period covered for transaction on the letter and we aren't sure about using them, so we decided just to use transaction he got from Bank for a month of May(which is on the bank stationery ), and the bank statements by post for Dec- mid May. And do not use the letter from bank.

I am wondering;

1)Is it okay to submit two different form of statements, one is by post, one got printed by bank ?

2)Between two different statements, There's a few days overlap transaction (for example the transaction printed at the bank starts a few days before the one by post end.) Would it be a problem ?

3) The transaction printed by bank have stamps which has date on it, but no signature or anything else. Is that stamp enough?

4) Do we need to write explanation letter why there're two different statement?

Thank you for reading and
Really appreciate it if anyone could give me advice !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help with my concern regarding to bank statements.
I am applying fiance visa under Cat A,
My sponsor received bank statement by post for 5 months(Dec- May), and the latest month he ordered by post but didn't come so he went to the bank to ask for bank statement, the bank printed all of his transactions for 6 months, It says 'Account transaction detail' on the top. So I guess this is not electronic bank statements but original. But only December ones are on a plain paper instead of bank stationary since their system could only go back until January.They wrote a letter saying about this but there's no date or period covered for transaction on the letter and we aren't sure about using them, so we decided just to use transaction he got from Bank for a month of May(which is on the bank stationery ), and the bank statements by post for Dec- mid May. And do not use the letter from bank.

I am wondering;

1)Is it okay to submit two different form of statements, one is by post, one got printed by bank ?

2)Between two different statements, There's a few days overlap transaction (for example the transaction printed at the bank starts a few days before the one by post end.) Would it be a problem ?

3) The transaction printed by bank have stamps which has date on it, but no signature or anything else. Is that stamp enough?

4) Do we need to write explanation letter why there're two different statement?

Thank you for reading and
Really appreciate it if anyone could give me advice !
It shouldn't make a difference if some statements are mailed ones and others are printed from the bank, they're all bank statements. The mailed ones on the bank letterhead are best, but it is perfectly acceptable to have printed statements that are date-stamped by the bank, those are solely what my husband used as he does not receive paper statements. They don't need to be signed by anyone, just date-stamped with the bank's name on it.

There should also be no problem with overlapping days on statements. It would be a bigger concern if there were days missing so as long as all days are accounted for you should be fine.

As for writing an explanation, I mean it never hurts to make it all as clear as possible. I'm not sure an entire separate letter is necessary, unless you just want to include that one you got from the bank which seems to already explain why you have some paper, some printed bank statements (if that's what the letter indicates, I was a little confused by that). That should suffice.

Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emu77, thank you for your reply back.
Apologies I wasn't clear about the letter from the bank. The letter from the bank is on the letterhead paper, mentioned my sponsor's account number and name, but doesn't have
1) the date of the letter
2) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation to bank statements."

The bank letter explains why some of the statements they printed out don't include the holder's address detail like others do (because their system only goes back certain time), but that's all.

So I think I just use just one month of the bank statement they printed out which has logo on top and account address on it, and rest I use the bankstatements by post.
In this case should I include the explanation why there's different forms of bankstatements?

Thank you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Emu77, thank you for your reply back.
Apologies I wasn't clear about the letter from the bank. The letter from the bank is on the letterhead paper, mentioned my sponsor's account number and name, but doesn't have
1) the date of the letter
2) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation to bank statements."

The bank letter explains why some of the statements they printed out don't include the holder's address detail like others do (because their system only goes back certain time), but that's all.

So I think I just use just one month of the bank statement they printed out which has logo on top and account address on it, and rest I use the bankstatements by post.
In this case should I include the explanation why there's different forms of bankstatements?

Thank you.
Hi Cake,

Thanks for clarifying. I think it really doesn't matter, a bank statement is valid, whether received by post or printed and stamped at the bank. If you'd like to explain why you have some mailed, some printed, then just adding a short explanation to your additional notes section at the end of the Appendix should suffice. If you feel so inclined, you can include the letter from the bank but if it's not even dated then I don't know how useful it will be to include it. Either way, it sounds like you have gathered what you need in regards to your bank statements.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.