Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.

My husband and I just bought a flat in Spain in Oct. We opened a joint bank account there and transferred quite a lot money there for the property.

We were told my husband has to show a 3 months bank statement from a spanish bank. We also were told my husband has to buy private health insurance.

Apart from the big sum of money (100000.00 euros), he transferred 5000.00 euros on Oct.21, 2000 euros on Nov.21. We will transfer another 2000.00 euros on Dec.21. So he has to wait to apply the resient until Jan.21??

Is there any chance he can apply before that? Can he just buy the private insurance before he apply the residence?

My Schengen visa will run out on Jan.1. I will have to go back to China to apply the Spanish family reunion visa. My husband will stay in Spain with my boy when I am in China.

I know if I go back to China, the visa will be granted in the end and things will go the right way. But it costs so much to buy the tickets and it is terrible to separate with my son for 4 weeks.

Can I overstay my schengen visa and wait to apply the residence with my husband on Jan.21??:eek:

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts
Hello everybody.

My husband and I just bought a flat in Spain in Oct. We opened a joint bank account there and transferred quite a lot money there for the property.

We were told my husband has to show a 3 months bank statement from a spanish bank. We also were told my husband has to buy private health insurance.

Apart from the big sum of money (100000.00 euros), he transferred 5000.00 euros on Oct.21, 2000 euros on Nov.21. We will transfer another 2000.00 euros on Dec.21. So he has to wait to apply the resient until Jan.21??

Is there any chance he can apply before that? Can he just buy the private insurance before he apply the residence?

My Schengen visa will run out on Jan.1. I will have to go back to China to apply the Spanish family reunion visa. My husband will stay in Spain with my boy when I am in China.

I know if I go back to China, the visa will be granted in the end and things will go the right way. But it costs so much to buy the tickets and it is terrible to separate with my son for 4 weeks.

Can I overstay my schengen visa and wait to apply the residence with my husband on Jan.21??:eek:

who told you that he had to show 3 months?

that isn't a requirement in most areas, so if I were him I'd apply again - I can't imagine he'd be refused when he owns a property & substantial sums are being transferred into the account

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, I just checkec the Spanish Consulate in Guangzhou and here is one document they need-Signed letter by the relative who has the right to the “EU regime” of his/her desire to reunite the applicant.

When I was in China in May. I phoned the consulate and they said the document has to be approved by Spanish Foreign Administration Dept. . Does any body know how to get this?
We will be in Spain from Dec.3 to Dec.20.If we can, we would like to get it now.

It seems I cannot avoid going back to China. I abide the laws hehe. I had two Spanish schengen visas and they always gave to me the next day. So it is better to do the things right way.

Hello everybody.

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts
Hello, I just checkec the Spanish Consulate in Guangzhou and here is one document they need-Signed letter by the relative who has the right to the “EU regime” of his/her desire to reunite the applicant.

When I was in China in May. I phoned the consulate and they said the document has to be approved by Spanish Foreign Administration Dept. . Does any body know how to get this?
We will be in Spain from Dec.3 to Dec.20.If we can, we would like to get it now.

It seems I cannot avoid going back to China. I abide the laws hehe. I had two Spanish schengen visas and they always gave to me the next day. So it is better to do the things right way.

as soon as your husband has registered as resident, you can apply too to register as his spouse 'exercising treaty rights' - the forms are in our FAQ & useful info thread above

you can stay here while your application is being processed

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear lady,

Thanks. When we were in Spain in Oct., one man from the estate agent took us to Elche to get the NIE. The frindly woman in the government office mentioned about the bank statement.

Thank you for giving us good news. We will go to collect the property on Dec.3. So maybe we can go to the main police office in Alicante to ask more info.

:D

who told you that he had to show 3 months?

that isn't a requirement in most areas, so if I were him I'd apply again - I can't imagine he'd be refused when he owns a property & substantial sums are being transferred into the account

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts
Dear lady,

Thanks. When we were in Spain in Oct., one man from the estate agent took us to Elche to get the NIE. The frindly woman in the government office mentioned about the bank statement.

Thank you for giving us good news. We will go to collect the property on Dec.3. So maybe we can go to the main police office in Alicante to ask more info.

:D
your husband needs form EX18, & you need form EX19

good luck :fingerscrossed:

let us know how you get on !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts