Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to share my experience with this bank. In December we decided to buy a Chevy Trailblazer I put the 20% down and financed the rest though the dealer. Total borrowed
1.375110.00 php The installments were 34144.00 php a month for 5 years. Well after 9 months I said hell with it pay it off now. Balance was 1,251,205.00 php when I got to the bank. There was interest on the 1.2m OK I understand that. Plus a 65,000.00 php fee for (doing their job) all said and done I paid 1,316,025.00 php 59085.00 php less than the total. The 140,138.71 PHP I paid on the principle was just thrown in the garbage. I will NEVER DEAL WITH BPI.
I will deal with PS Bank never had an issue with them in 5 years

Reactions: M.C.A.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I want to share my experience with this bank. In December we decided to buy a Chevy Trailblazer I put the 20% down and financed the rest though the dealer. Total borrowed
1.375110.00 php The installments were 34144.00 php a month for 5 years. Well after 9 months I said hell with it pay it off now. Balance was 1,251,205.00 php when I got to the bank. There was interest on the 1.2m OK I understand that. Plus a 65,000.00 php fee for (doing their job) all said and done I paid 1,316,025.00 php 59085.00 php less than the total. The 140,138.71 PHP I paid on the principle was just thrown in the garbage. I will NEVER DEAL WITH BPI.
I will deal with PS Bank never had an issue with them in 5 years
Sounds like an early termination fee.

You said you financed through the dealer. BPI was the dealer's bank? I'm curious because I may be shopping for a car and a loan soon.. It will be good to go in with my eyes wide open!

How do you like the Trailblazer? Do they have a diesel?

I am very happy with my banking at BPI, but I have not gotten any loans.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sounds like an early termination fee.

You said you financed through the dealer. BPI was the dealer's bank? I'm curious because I may be shopping for a car and a loan soon.. It will be good to go in with my eyes wide open!

How do you like the Trailblazer? Do they have a diesel?

I am very happy with my banking at BPI, but I have not gotten any loans.
Best to talk to the loan officer at your bank before talking to a dealer. The bank can often negotiate a better deal for tge car you want but once you've contacted the dealer are prohibited from altering the "pre-arranged" loan terms advertized by that dealer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Best to talk to the loan officer at your bank before talking to a dealer. The bank can often negotiate a better deal for tge car you want but once you've contacted the dealer are prohibited from altering the "pre-arranged" loan terms advertized by that dealer.
I meant to aay, made any verbal commitment to purchase. Fine to say your just looking and get info. See your banker after without committing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts