Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After getting the invite to apply visa, life becomes complicated.

I dont have bank statement of my 2005-2006 work experience although I do have Experience Letter. Kindly advice what to do? Visiting the company and asking for the alternative? Bank account was closed in 2007 so no response from bank at the moment.

Please advice.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
noni125 said:
Hi,

After getting the invite to apply visa, life becomes complicated.

I dont have bank statement of my 2005-2006 work experience although I do have Experience Letter. Kindly advice what to do? Visiting the company and asking for the alternative? Bank account was closed in 2007 so no response from bank at the moment.

Please advice.
Missing particular documents, such as bank statements is not an issue as long as you have other documents to support your claims. You can attach your payslips or tax return statements, plus any other documents that prove that you were working for the company at the time. You can also ask the company to include your salary in the reference letter. When it comes to DIAC, you can never have too much proof. Too much is better than too little.

Good luck with your application.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be on the safe side, I do have few salary slips and in order to proof I visited my bank and ask them to give me a certificate mentioning I was your customer and closed my account on the following date. In that way, atleast DIAC may consider that due to closed account I am unable to support bank statement of my claims. But bank people are refusing to help me in any regard and said we dont give such certificates as you are no longer our customer. I asked them to open a new account for me, make me your customer and attach the previous details, they denied. I dont know why banks are such rude when it comes to the final stages.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
noni125 said:
To be on the safe side, I do have few salary slips and in order to proof I visited my bank and ask them to give me a certificate mentioning I was your customer and closed my account on the following date. In that way, atleast DIAC may consider that due to closed account I am unable to support bank statement of my claims. But bank people are refusing to help me in any regard and said we dont give such certificates as you are no longer our customer. I asked them to open a new account for me, make me your customer and attach the previous details, they denied. I dont know why banks are such rude when it comes to the final stages.
If you have pay slips covering the period of your employment, then it does not matter that you do not have bank statements. To be honest, a letter from the bank would have only proven that you were the bank's customer during a period of time as opposed to the fact that you received your salary in a particular bank account. Attach the proof that you have - your CO will contact you if they require anything else.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Send them Legal notice or ask your city court to issue order asking bank to furbish information.

And if your account was in some Govt bank. Use RTI to get info from the bank.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will this work If I show my CO the closing certificate of my bank account? My bank said they will issue me a certificate that your account is closed with the current date?

Or any alternative? What should I do to satisfy CO in this regard?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Will this work If I show my CO the closing certificate of my bank account? My bank said they will issue me a certificate that your account is closed with the current date?

Or any alternative? What should I do to satisfy CO in this regard?
send a request to bank for the statements through mail mentioning your bank account no and the duration which is required and get their response in writing. You can attache this document with other available documents and DIAC will consider. It has happened with one of my friend

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi, After getting the invite to apply visa, life becomes complicated. I dont have bank statement of my 2005-2006 work experience although I do have Experience Letter. Kindly advice what to do? Visiting the company and asking for the alternative? Bank account was closed in 2007 so no response from bank at the moment. Please advice.
Did the CO asked this particular? If you do have or cannot arrange then why don't you explain this to CO...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts