Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sponsor went to the bank to certify bank statements however they only were willing to certify 1 of the 9 online printed bank statements.

my fiancé then rang the bank and they said they don't even offer stamps unless its internal for mortgages, and offered to send paper statements. They even stated they cant authenticate or certify these statements even by letter.

the bank stated the only way to certify the statements is to ask a lecturer, solicitor or teacher etc.

Is the paper statements they send going to be sufficient? or the 9 online printed statements with 1 certified? please advise.

·
Registered
228 Posts
my sponsor went to the bank to certify bank statements however they only were willing to certify 1 of the 9 online printed bank statements.

my fiancé then rang the bank and they said they don't even offer stamps unless its internal for mortgages, and offered to send paper statements. They even stated they cant authenticate or certify these statements even by letter.

the bank stated the only way to certify the statements is to ask a lecturer, solicitor or teacher etc.

Is the paper statements they send going to be sufficient? or the 9 online printed statements with 1 certified? please advise.
Most UK banks will post you reprinted statements with a letter. That’s what HSBC do for me anyway and they’re acceptable without a stamp. If you have original statements on bank stationery then you will also be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.