Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are flying to Alicante next week to open a bank account with sabadell can anybody please advise whether a passport is all that is required or should we take anything else
Thank you

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I opened mine several years ago and it was just a passport and a euro to put in the account!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have just opened an account with Cajamar.

They required from me a passport and NIE number.

For my wife, who has a British Passport but who was born Chinese, in Beijing, they wanted passport, NIE number, copy of employment contract, most recent payslip, and the last financial year tax certificate.

Wibs

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
When I opened mine, there was the choice of a foreigners account (just the passport) - to be converted within six months of opening, using an proof of address and NIE, or directly opening a residents account and that required a passport, proof of address and the NIE number

Jo xxx

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
When I opened mine, there was the choice of a foreigners account (just the passport) - to be converted within six months of opening, using an proof of address and NIE, or directly opening a residents account and that required a passport, proof of address and the NIE number

Jo xxx
Come on @jojo, you know you really mean residencia (certificate of registration) and not just an NIE!!!

An NIE is NOT proof that you are a Spanish resident.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
A fistful of dosh helps plus passport :) soon has they smell the lolly the account will be opened very quickly.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Come on @jojo, you know you really mean residencia (certificate of registration) and not just an NIE!!!

An NIE is NOT proof that you are a Spanish resident.
:eek: Sorry, back in my day, the certificate for NIE was the same as the certificate for residencia - thats what I meant lol

Jo xxx

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
:eek: Sorry, back in my day, the certificate for NIE was the same as the certificate for residencia - thats what I meant lol

Jo xxx
.... nope, never were.

It is true, though, that if you just apply for residencia, then your NIE number is also on there.

BUT, you could also have just applied for your NIE and got a white sheet of A4 (not green).

... anyway, it's too hot to argue (over 40 here now!).

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
.... nope, never were.

It is true, though, that if you just apply for residencia, then your NIE number is also on there.

BUT, you could also have just applied for your NIE and got a white sheet of A4 (not green).

... anyway, it's too hot to argue (over 40 here now!).

I didnt even know that at the time. An abogado friend took us to Malaga to get our NIEs and thats what we came back with. Green certificates :rolleyes:

Jo xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts