Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
From the outset let me say that this forum is really helpful with all the valuable input from the Mods & members. Keep up the good work.
I have a couple of questions.
Soon we will be applying for my settlement visa. My wife is British (by birth). Our most viable option will be by savings route. (62,500).
Do I have to show this entire amount in my account in the uk or can I have it split between my uk account and my account in Barbados?
I will be making telegraphic transfers from my account here to my uk account, will the receipt of the telegraphic transfer from my bank here be accepted as proof of deposit with the ECO when I apply.
At present, my uk account is a joint account with my mother in law. Will this be an issue.

Thanks for your replies.:)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The money can be split between two accounts, however if you have a joint account with your mother in law then she legally owns half of the money, so yes it will be an issue..

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Yes, but two provisos:
#1 Money has to stay in each account for 6 months prior to application. So don't transfer money from Barbados to UK, or it will reset the clock.
#2 Any savings in non-sterling currency will be converted using the Oanda rate ruling on the day of application. If there is a last-minute adverse currency movement (and sterling has been high against most currencies recently), you may not make the required amount. So make sure you build in at least 10% cushion in your non-sterling savings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Joppa.
Yes, transfers will be done well in advance of 6 months before we apply.
Will keep transfer rate cushion in mind.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.