Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seeing many Mexican flags hoisted this year. Really only a couple so far. We have to have our metal flag pole straightened out before we can set our's out. Got kind of twisted up in a storm last year.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Not seeing many Mexican flags hoisted this year. Really only a couple so far. We have to have our metal flag pole straightened out before we can set our's out. Got kind of twisted up in a storm last year.
It's a little early to be putting up flags for this year's Independence Day festivities, isn't it? Or maybe Mexicans aren't feeling very patriotic this year. ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a little early to be putting up flags for this year's Independence Day festivities, isn't it? Or maybe Mexicans aren't feeling very patriotic this year. ;)
Not at all. Last year we (and most of our neighbors) had our flag up from the 1st day of Sept. to the last. But - there does seem to be a LOT more rain this year. Last night was a doozie ...

·
Registered
397 Posts
My friends in Mexico were complaining about the PRI using the flag when the Trump- Peña Nieto thing. Something about the SOB's using it as a rallying point for the PRI. I tried to look it up, I do remember somebody saying that they should just use the Escudo Naccional.

I'll see if I can find it.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
My friends in Mexico were complaining about the PRI using the flag when the Trump- Peña Nieto thing. Something about the SOB's using it as a rallying point for the PRI. I tried to look it up, I do remember somebody saying that they should just use the Escudo Naccional.

I'll see if I can find it.
I think your friends should find something more important to kvetch about. ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've haven't seen many Mexican flags on private property other than businesses. Lots more flying in El Lay than in any large Mexican city. When there is a flag on a porch, above a house, or in a window of a residence here, it's more likely to be a flag for Chivas, América or Tigres than the tricolor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts