Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Further to my previous post we went to Alicante last Friday to open an account with banco sabadell we were asked for passports as you guys previously advised but also for ID cards which as Brits we didn't have ,luckily our driving licence served just as well , a spanish address was needed to which we used our hotel address and a deposit of €100 ,luckily for us the spanish bank teller who didn't speak English too well had her daughter arrive to say hello to her and she stayed and translated for us , who will know how long it takes for cards to be issued?

·
Registered
439 Posts
They posted a letter, if you ask how long it will be you can always pop in on the off chance. You need your passport to collect so make sure you take it with you :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi
Further to my previous post we went to Alicante last Friday to open an account with banco sabadell we were asked for passports as you guys previously advised but also for ID cards which as Brits we didn't have ,luckily our driving licence served just as well , a spanish address was needed to which we used our hotel address and a deposit of €100 ,luckily for us the spanish bank teller who didn't speak English too well had her daughter arrive to say hello to her and she stayed and translated for us , who will know how long it takes for cards to be issued?
we got ours in exactly one week no problem

·
Registered
242 Posts
I very nearly wrote that in my previous message but thought I'd be positive in the hope it would be as easy for me; however, I've had a breakthrough. The bank are going to send my cards and PIN's to Javea which makes life so much easier.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We opened Sabadell accounts in Torrox and had the cards within a week, the agent spoke fluent Spanish, English and going by his name, probably German too! Their website is a bit crap in English but everything works fine. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I opened an account in the Puerto De Mazarron branch last week. All of the staff spoke excellent English and the member of staff who went through the account opening process was English :) Excellent friendly and helpful service. I needed passport and a photo ID, so driving license and that was it, no need to deposit any money.

I pick up the debit card in one weeks time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts