Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so we have been in Paris for almost a year now. The apartment we are living in was chosen during a familiarization visit prior to the relocation and selected from the 10 apartments we visited over three days. There is nothing really wrong with the apartment (apart from some early issues with water leaks from the apartments above) but my partner has decided that she would much rather be living in another area and we could probably find a better apartment for less than what we are paying now.

Now I am not totally averse to the move however before I say to her that I agree and to start looking I wanted to get some idea as to the costs involved in such a relocation.

Has anyone here done a move within Paris and would be able to give some ballpark figure on what the cost to move would be (i.e. removalist, external lift, packing, etc.)? Our apartment is just under 100sqm (2 bedroom, lounge, dining, office, kitchen) plus cave on the 6th floor. We are currently in the 5th and partner would prefer to be in the 4th or 12th. Are we talking thousands of Euro or hundreds?

·
Administrator
50,765 Posts
The easiest approach might be to contact a couple of removal companies and ask them for an estimate (a "devis"). But until you know where you're going (and what the conditions are going to be on the receiving end) they may not really be able to help you.

Don't forget, too, that in moving, you will also have the cost of any rental agent you use plus the deposit and first month's rent (which, for convenience, you may or may not want to overlap with your current rent).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
OK, so we have been in Paris for almost a year now. The apartment we are living in was chosen during a familiarization visit prior to the relocation and selected from the 10 apartments we visited over three days. There is nothing really wrong with the apartment (apart from some early issues with water leaks from the apartments above) but my partner has decided that she would much rather be living in another area and we could probably find a better apartment for less than what we are paying now.

Now I am not totally averse to the move however before I say to her that I agree and to start looking I wanted to get some idea as to the costs involved in such a relocation.

Has anyone here done a move within Paris and would be able to give some ballpark figure on what the cost to move would be (i.e. removalist, external lift, packing, etc.)? Our apartment is just under 100sqm (2 bedroom, lounge, dining, office, kitchen) plus cave on the 6th floor. We are currently in the 5th and partner would prefer to be in the 4th or 12th. Are we talking thousands of Euro or hundreds?
I would ball park 1k euros....just to be safe. But it should not cost that at all.

Does the road need to be blocked ? Is there an elevator ?

Have a look at....

www.fretbay.com/fr/

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
I would ball park 1k euros....just to be safe. But it should not cost that at all.

Does the road need to be blocked ? Is there an elevator ?

Have a look at....

www.fretbay.com/fr/
They apparently need a platform lift - that will require the rode to be blocked off unless there is an accessible internal courtyard. I would say if they have everything packed up and ready to go, between 1000 and 2000 Euros (although it could run a bit more depending on what the situation is at the other end - which they don't know at this stage).

Edit: some removalists will give you an hourly cost.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They apparently need a platform lift - that will require the rode to be blocked off unless there is an accessible internal courtyard. I would say if they have everything packed up and ready to go, between 1000 and 2000 Euros (although it could run a bit more depending on what the situation is at the other end - which they don't know at this stage).

Edit: some removalists will give you an hourly cost.
Yes they will need a platform lift and part of the road will need to be blocked off. Moving in was a real drama since the container truck with all our stuff had to park on one of one of the major thoroughfares in Paris during peak hour, in the bus lane. Moving out will be a little easier since they could park in a side street which is wide enough for a truck to park and all vehicles to still get around it.

Think I should budget €2000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts