Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long shot, but has anyone here been on medical leave as an autónomo? I'm having issues with my pregnancy and was given the papers for medical leave today. I don't know what to hand in or where I should do it (INSS or FREMAP).

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
This is a long shot, but has anyone here been on medical leave as an autónomo? I'm having issues with my pregnancy and was given the papers for medical leave today. I don't know what to hand in or where I should do it (INSS or FREMAP).
Hi Elenetxu. I'm so sorry to hear you're having complications with your pregnancy. I found this...

CLAIMING SICKNESS BENEFIT AS AN AUTONOMO

Declaration of status of the activity: In addition to the General requirements, the situation of IT worker must be filed with the INSS (or the industrial mutual accidents and professional illnesses department of the Social Security office), with which has concluded the contingency of IT, statement on the official model on the individual to directly manage the commercial, industrial, establishment or otherwise of which they are owners or, where appropriate, temporary or permanent termination of the activity developed.

Presentation: Must be made within 15 days of the date of the`baja´(official declaration of sickness by a Doctor).

As long as the status of IT, the worker will be obliged to submit a copy of the`baja´ every 6 months, from the date of receipt of the original sick note, if it requested to do so. Being unable to produce a copy of the baja, will result in the suspension of benefit payments. Additionally, relevant proceedings may be initiated to verify the nature of the sickness and the entitlement of the claim for benefits.

Declaration of status of the activity: The worker claiming the benefit must file their claim with the National Social Security Institute (or the industrial mutual accidents and professional illnesses department of the Social Security office) with the contingency of temporary disability, statement on the official form on the individual to directly manage the mercantile establishment which has concluded industrial or other nature of which they are owners or, where appropriate, temporary or permanent termination of the activity developed.

Copied from here, where there's more info: How To Guides - Claiming Sickness Benefit As An Autonomo - Self Employed Worker | Tumbit How To Guide

I hope you'll be okay. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not so sure how true that info is. I've been told my my boss that I have to go through my mutua (FREMAP).

Thanks anyhow!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're welcome. No wonder you're having problems figuring it out; that's the only thing I could find.
Hahahaha, no worries! It's a mess. I have an added layer of confusion: we're not sure if I'm a TRADE autonoma or a regular autonoma... :(:confused::(

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Hahahaha, no worries! It's a mess. I have an added layer of confusion: we're not sure if I'm a TRADE autonoma or a regular autonoma... :(:confused::(
Heck I have no idea about that either. :confused2: If you were still living in Canada, I could help you out no problem. But that doesn't amount to a hill of beans in Spain. :noidea:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts