Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my country does not have security chk problem thnx to God but i was talking to one agent he informed me this news and i want to share with you because i always want to help people

IF you are stuck with security check which can take 12 months, the bad news is that by the time your visa comes (security check takes 12 Months + ) if your occupation get removed or australia government decides to cancel all visas (in 2010 australia cancelled 30,000 visa because of elections) elections coming up in 2013 !!!! You will be in big trouble and what is the use then all this time waiting and tension. So this is big issue and risk :( for HR countries i hope there is a way to tell DIAC to process things faster.

example you get CO next mont you r v happy then security chk 1 year 2013 ur visa ready by then v high risk things change and ur visa get cancel what is the use

If anyone has info further plz update

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me correct my english not v good, YOur visa application can be cancelled if it is not stamped in your passport by the time they remove your occupation or by the time they chance rules for election (Like in 2010 they cancelled 30,000 PR visa applications chk on google) not the visa itself . once you get visa then no problem no one can cancel it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dear,

There is no need to worry. It is clearly stated by the immigration officials that it doesn't effect the process. The time when you applied for visa is of main concern. I have many friends whose occupation removed after they lodged application and still they got visa grants..

Sorry to not mentioning it above that the above thing only applies to 176 (state sponsored) visas..

The agent is misleading you...if its your agent, You should immediately fire him :)

Reactions: UU!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear,

There is no need to worry. It is clearly stated by the immigration officials that it doesn't effect the process. The time when you applied for visa is of main concern. I have many friends whose occupation removed after they lodged application and still they got visa grants..

Sorry to not mentioning it above that the above thing only applies to 176 (state sponsored) visas..

The agent is misleading you...if its your agent, You should immediately fire him :)

What about 175 Application, does it also get affected ? ur friends they had 175 or 176 ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
What about 175 Application, does it also get affected ? ur friends they had 175 or 176 ?
They all were 176 :). According to my knowledge yes...175 can be affected..it happens in the past when there was occupation of hairdressers and suddenly it was removed from their list and all the 175 visas which were in the pipeline got their money back..

S

·
0 Posts
You are talking rubbish frankly! Visas are assessed due to rules at the time of lodgement. Changes do not cancel visas being processed, only the processing priority. DIAC don't do refunds. The only ones that did get a refund were those who applied years ago and did not meet todays english requirements.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are talking rubbish frankly! Visas are assessed due to rules at the time of lodgement. Changes do not cancel visas being processed, only the processing priority. DIAC don't do refunds. The only ones that did get a refund were those who applied years ago and did not meet todays english requirements.
yes that is what i am saying, ur priority processing changes , means priority 4 will become priority 5 which means u will wait another 5 Years + for Visa and then too much tension how to wait so long what is ithe use

·
Registered
94 Posts
Australia is a mature Westminster style democracy whose Executive, Administrative and Judicial arms of government function as normal in a "Business as usual" fashion during the caretaker mode of election campaigns.

Any suggestion that the business of government or its administration ceases or is placed in suspension because of an election is completely outrageous and has no basis in fact.

If your migration agent is suggesting that it does then I'd be looking for a new migration agent.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is absolute rubbish, Australia has a stable political system. And no election stops everything on its trucks! This is the same as most advanced economies. Your agent is comparing Australia to Libya or Zimbabwe. I would personally look for another agent with at least some integrity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.