Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
We received a IBI (from Suma) bill this morning, addressed to the previous owners of our property.
The bill relates to some, previously undeclared, building work to glaze in the naya, we think. When we bought the property we wanted to do some extensive building work and our architect, in the first instance, regularized the previous works and we had to pay the appropriate fees for the perceived cost of the original, undeclared, building works.

The new bill relates to the two years before we bought the property and I assume it for the increased IBI due to the original, undeclared, improvements.

Our question is, what will happen if this bill is not paid by the original owners as they now reside in UK and probably will just ignore it.

Will we have a lien put on our property, if so we don´t want to go to the expense of engaging a solicitor to argue the point.

Should we just bite the bullet and pay it ourselves, 84.43€.

Any thoughts on the subject would be welcome.

·
Registered
15,734 Posts
I'd pay it and forget about it, otherwise it will be a nagging doubt forever.

Incidentally did you use a solicitor? They should have picked this up before completion.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd pay it and forget about it, otherwise it will be a nagging doubt forever.

Incidentally did you use a solicitor? They should have picked this up before completion.
Yes we did use a solicitor and confirmed with her the footprint of the house on the catastral online map.

We have taken your´s and snikpoh´s advice and paid it. Job jobbed. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts