Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am travelling back for a short visit next month and just wondered if there's anyone here on Forum that wants something brought back with me. Please no requests for 3-piece suites or bedroom furniture ;) nor am I scouring high street shops as I detest shopping. Keep it simple like Euthymol toothpaste etc. or perhaps you want to order something on Ebay/Amazon or the likes and someone out there can drop it off to me. Again, small items please :p

Have seen some threads on here where people are asking if anyone from UK is coming over here soon and would they bring something over for them.

I so hope I don't regret this once in a lifetime offer (from me that is) :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
petrolhead said:
Am travelling back for a short visit next month and just wondered if there's anyone here on Forum that wants something brought back with me. Please no requests for 3-piece suites or bedroom furniture ;) nor am I scouring high street shops as I detest shopping. Keep it simple like Euthymol toothpaste etc. or perhaps you want to order something on Ebay/Amazon or the likes and someone out there can drop it off to me. Again, small items please :p

Have seen some threads on here where people are asking if anyone from UK is coming over here soon and would they bring something over for them.

I so hope I don't regret this once in a lifetime offer (from me that is) :D
That is really nice of you! where abouts are you in blighty?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A melton Mowbrey pork pie and a chicken balti madras hot with a table nan. Thanks :D
Haha I'll do my very best just for you Laowei. :p

Wouldn't mind packing a whole suitcase with Greggs cheese and onion pasties and sausage rolls - can't beat them. Scrumptious :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was in Seahouses which is a small fishing port in North Northumberland over the easter week end and I stayed right next door to what could be the best fish and chip shop in the country! I could have eaten it every night.

I'm hungry now!!!!:-(

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm feeling hungry now. Mmm am just imagining the smell wafting through the office. Whoops must stop dribbling.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Have to say kudos to you for offering - I wouldn't even think of it....I'm always over my luggage allowance with goodies just for me!! :)

and nope - Kingsmill all the way

Angel Delight - Didn't have it for years when at home but crave it now

·
Registered
536 Posts
Have to say kudos to you for offering - I wouldn't even think of it....I'm always over my luggage allowance with goodies just for me!! :)

Oh and Angel delight is in Lulu as well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Am not taking much over with me 5herry, pretty much an empty suitcase which is basically why I can offer this. Although I will admit I shall do my best to stock up for the return :D

Kenco coffee is definitely on the list unless Laowei can kindly point me in the right direction :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Am not taking much over with me 5herry, pretty much an empty suitcase which is basically why I can offer this. Although I will admit I shall do my best to stock up for the return :D

Kenco coffee is definitely on the list unless Laowei can kindly point me in the right direction :)
Sorry mate cant help with the coffee, seems Nescafe has the market pretty much controlled. :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Off topic, i was so fed up off the crap choice of instant coffee here i bought a Nespresso machine, makes great coffee(ran out of the pods a few weeks ago and had to revert back to instant which tasted like s4it) they model i bought was around 1800dhs here, same one in Uk is around £199 could do worse if you like decent coffee. You can get a basic one for around £140.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Off topic, i was so fed up off the crap choice of instant coffee here i bought a Nespresso machine, makes great coffee(ran out of the pods a few weeks ago and had to revert back to instant which tasted like s4it) they model i bought was around 1800dhs here, same one in Uk is around £199 could do worse if you like decent coffee. You can get a basic one for around £140.
Great, now I'm going to be inundated with requests to bring back coffee machines ;)

Only jesting, in fact I've thought about investing in one, so perhaps I might treat myself and find a cheapy over there to bring back

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.