Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost like old home week. I lived in Az from 1968 to 2014 when we moved it Iloilo. I retired from APS in 1990. Fully agree that the distribution system here is enough to make one puke. Kind of doubt that you could/would make any difference. The workmanship here, (all trades, not just the electrical world) is utterly lacking in any pride to do any kind of decent job. An example would be the new house I had constructed last year. The wiring consists of Black, White, Red, Green, & Yellow with no rhyme nor reason as to any color code as any circuit may be any combination of those colors even some have both wires the same color. As Jet Lag has mentioned, be very careful where you stick your nose into here as foreigners we will come out at the bottom of the pile. We have no rights and you may be considered a troublemaker. Consider the risk before jumping, actions have consequences.

Fred
Oh yeah, I already figured that out re sticking my nose in. Actually had a PRO TEK supervisor like my discussion but I took it with a grain of salt. The last thing I want to do is tell anyone their own business and would only act as a third part[y (separate and independent) advisor .. not as a 1)You should do it this way or 2) That way won't work because .... I didn't ride in on the turnip truck (as they say) ... I drove it in.

Seeing your username I had been wanting to ask you if you were from or near the GLOBE area? I lived in Globe/Miami for years, bought a house in upper Miami (the nicer part of town) just above Shamrock Bar. Moved to Snowflake and bought 4 acres about a year and a half ago .. then said PFFT IT ALL and sold it, moved here. Where ya from?

Poleman

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hijacking the thread post:: Guess it is a small world. During the time I worked for APS, I lived in Flagstaff, Phoenix, Prescott, & lastly Globe. I covered the entire northern half of the state from Round Mt near Kingman, up to Page, down to Cottonwood & ShowLow as my southern edge out of Flagstaff. I moved to Globe in 89 and worked from there till I retired in 1990. I owned a house on Parker St. just across the street from Jerrys Cafe.

Fred

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm, preceding your reply it says HIJACKING THE THREAD POST...don't know what that means but I do know that this place is highly censored.

So, Jerry's was one of my hangouts there, since bought and sold twice since the early ninety s. The latest owner was a pretty cool guy but I don't know how he made that place work ... it was very empty of late. The house directly across from there was just sold twice in 1 year, I believe ... I snapped a pic of it. I lived across from another icon of Globe, Joe's Café. Joe passed away in 2013 and the place closed down.

A good friend of mine was Lerry Alderman, a training instructor for APS and worked at the nuke plant after his stint as a lineman. Lerry was a very great man, devout deacon of the Central Heights Baptist Church and a trusted friend. Lucky to have known him. Last I heard he became a Globe City Councilman, that was back in 2015. Did you know Leery?

Here's a snap of across the street from Jerry's ... the house that sold and resold.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Yep, that is the one I owned. Bought it in 1993 and lived in it till we moved here. It was built in 1915 and had been expanded twice to the rear. Actually still pretty solid for being 100 years old. Had a good sized garage in back that I built a couple airplanes in over the years as aviation was my main interest all through my life.

I did not know him, probably he was around after my time or we just never ran across each other.

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts