Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Good Day to you all ! I am planning to get my assessment done for Visa 189, but have some queries. Would really appreciate some help/guidance.

I did my bachelors in Computer Science , BS (CS), 4 years degree from a renowned IT university in Pakistan (FAST). After that, most of my 2 years 3 months of professional experience in the IT industry lies close to the occupation of ICT-Business Analyst.

My two major dilemmas are:
1) Does my degree qualify as an ICT Major? (I have listed the program / degree outline below)
2) If Yes, will the units in my degree and the occupation business analyst count as 'closely related' so that I can suffice with 2 years of business analysis experience ? (For reference, please see below listed course outline)

CL101 Introduction to Computing Lab
CS101 Introduction to Computing
EE182 Basic Electronics
MT101 Calculus - I
MT104 Linear Algebra
SS101 English Language
CL103 Computer Programming Lab
CS103 Computer Programming
EE227 Digital Logic Design
MT115 Calculus - II
SS113 Pakistan Studies
SS122 English Composition
CS201 Data Structures
CS211 Discrete Structures
EE213 Comp. Organization & Assembly Lang.
EL213 Comp. Organization & Assembly Lang. Lab
SS111 Islamic & Religious Studies
MGX01 Business Elective
CL203 Database Systems Lab
CL205 Operating Systems Lab
CS203 Database Systems
CS205 Operating Systems
CS302 Design & Analysis of Algorithms
MGX02 Business Elective - II
MTX01 Math Elective
CL307 Computer Networks Lab
CL309 Object Oriented Analysis & Design Lab
CS301 Theory of Automata
CS307 Computer Networks
CS309 Object Oriented Analysis & Design
MT206 Probability & Statistics
CSX01 CS Elective - I
CS303 Software Engineering
CS401 Artificial Intelligence
SS108 Technical and Business Writing
CSX02 CS Elective - II
MTX02 Math Elective
CS422 Human Computer Interaction
CS491 Project - I
EE204 Computer Architecture
CSX03 CS Elective - III
SSX01 Social Science Elective
CS449 Professional Issues in IT
CS492 Project - II
CSX04 CS Elective - IV
CSX05 CS Elective - V
CSX06 CS Elective - VI

Really looking forward to some help guys !

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hello Folks,

Good Day to you all ! I am planning to get my assessment done for Visa 189, but have some queries. Would really appreciate some help/guidance.

I did my bachelors in Computer Science , BS (CS), 4 years degree from a renowned IT university in Pakistan (FAST). After that, most of my 2 years 3 months of professional experience in the IT industry lies close to the occupation of ICT-Business Analyst.

My two major dilemmas are:
1) Does my degree qualify as an ICT Major? (I have listed the program / degree outline below)
2) If Yes, will the units in my degree and the occupation business analyst count as 'closely related' so that I can suffice with 2 years of business analysis experience ? (For reference, please see below listed course outline)
To answer your question in short, you only have 2.3yrs of exp of which ACS will deduct min 2, you'll be left with 3 months which will not fetch you any points.
As per your degree at least 65% of ICT course must be present for it to be a major.
As for your skills, well you know what you do and can best answer which skill within ANZSCO does match.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Rameshkd,
Thanks for your answer but I still have a query. I'd restate my question. I'm not really worried about the experience points, it doesn't matter if i don't get them because I have sufficient otherwise. All I am worried is about the eligibility to apply with a little over 2 years of experience ? I hope the "being eligible to apply" and "getting points for 3 years plus closely related experience" are two separate things ?

Moreover how do I check that my degree has 65% of ICT course present in it or not? I mean is there a source/link to standard ICT course outline ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Dear Rameshkd,
Thanks for your answer but I still have a query. I'd restate my question. I'm not really worried about the experience points, it doesn't matter if i don't get them because I have sufficient otherwise. All I am worried is about the eligibility to apply with a little over 2 years of experience ? I hope the "being eligible to apply" and "getting points for 3 years plus closely related experience" are two separate things ?

Moreover how do I check that my degree has 65% of ICT course present in it or not? I mean is there a source/link to standard ICT course outline ?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, can't explain you in detail but go through the below links and read them in detail, you'll find your answers.
Also, for ICT major it has to be 50% ICT course. 65% of the ICT content must be closely related to the nominated occupation (ANZSCO) to meet the suitability criteria.

https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria-2014.pdf
https://www.acs.org.au/__data/asset...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
A 4 year CS qualification has very high chances of being assessed as ICT Major.

Download ANZSCO-Descriptions.pdf from the ACS website and study the "Description of Closely Related Core ICT Units" for your occupation to get an idea of how yours would match. Looking at your subjects, I feel it should be a positive assessment for you. However, your **Elective subjects might not give an idea about what these are. So, I suggest you get a syllabus from your university for your course and provide that as well.

I did a similar (but 3 year) BS(CS) course where first year had less of computers and more of Mathematics, Statistics, Electronics, etc. (similar to yours) and it was assessed as ICT Major. I did post-graduation MS(CS) too. 2 years worth of work experience was deducted. My occupation is 261311 (Analyst Programer) though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zeeshan Here,

I have done the Msc. Information technology from the state university since 2006. I have more then 8 years experience of Oracle ERP implementation. I just want to know, either my degree is relevant with ICT Business Analyst 261111 or not and also tell me how many years of my professional experience will be counted for immigration for Australia.
Advance Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts