Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 10 years work experience in IT. Before starting my professional career, I had done my B.Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation. In 2010, I did my MS in Software Systems from BITS.

Question :
* My B.Tech not being directly related to my work, does this any way adversely affect my ACS assessment?
* While calculating my points, I'm considering full points for my 10 years experience. Is this a valid assumption?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 10 years work experience in IT. Before starting my professional career, I had done my B.Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation. In 2010, I did my MS in Software Systems from BITS.

Question :
* My B.Tech not being directly related to my work, does this any way adversely affect my ACS assessment?
* While calculating my points, I'm considering full points for my 10 years experience. Is this a valid assumption?
If the education is considered non relevant to the chosen skill, applicants are getting up to 4 years deduction in their work experience. Hope this answers both questions.

Regarding MS Software Systems from BITS, even I have submitted it for ACS assessment.. waiting for ACS result.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the education is considered non relevant to the chosen skill, applicants are getting up to 4 years deduction in their work experience. Hope this answers both questions.

Regarding MS Software Systems from BITS, even I have submitted it for ACS assessment.. waiting for ACS result.

- Did you submit both your graduation and MS for assessment or did you just submit your MS for assessment?

- Did you consider pros and cons of both?

[ACS guideline says "highest education qualification" ]

·
Registered
115 Posts
- Did you submit both your graduation and MS for assessment or did you just submit your MS for assessment?

- Did you consider pros and cons of both?

[ACS guideline says "highest education qualification" ]
I submitted both. So if ACS decides MS is of no use, then by default my BTech will be of the highest qualification.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Question :
The easiest answer to your question is to look for the document "Summary of Criteria" on ACS website or just google it.
It will tell you the difference between major and minor qualification for your chosen ANZSCO code.

Besides you need to remember ACS will always deduct few years considering it as required skilled experience and you can claim points only for remaining years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts