Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Both primary applicant and secondary applicant did initial entry landing in Australia. But we did not do initial entry of landing for the baby. Its been a year that we missed that the initial entry date. What is the procedure to get bring baby to Australia? Now the situation is secondary applicant is in Australia and primary applicant is in India. Please throw some light.............

Thanks,
Jayanth

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
It's already 1 year and you didn't contact the department or CO, why??Was there a compelling reason??

'Should you not be able to enter Australia before your initial entry date your visa is liable for cancellation. Cancellation in this circumstance is discretionary and you would be asked to submit reasons for not meeting the initial entry date prior to any cancellation action being taken. If you had compelling circumstances that prevented you from entering Australia the decision officer may then decide not to cancel your visa at this time'

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We did not contact the case officer because we are not sure when we have to bring baby to Australia. There is no compelling reason. What to do now?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You'd need to apply for a child visa.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'd need to apply for a child visa.
I am the secondary applicant. I am in Sydney and I have a full time job. I want to apply child visa. The DIAC website says

"The visa application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the visa is decided".

Child is outside Australia. Do i have to apply from India or Australia?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The DIBP website says you don't need to be in Australia at the time of sponsoring, so it makes it sound like you can be. However the child must be outside Australia and you must send the application to an immigration office outside Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts