Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello,

Can you tell me how we ensure that he continues all the regular check-ups and vaccinations in France that he has started in the UK? Is it just a case of taking his red book with me and registering with a local GP?
It is up to you to choose your local GP/ pediatrician. Only Tetanos, diphteria and polio immunisation are mandatory in France. Usually doctors will follow with whatever has been already administrated to your child, pertussis, tuberculosis, measles etc...

Is there a French equivalent of child benefit/family tax credits? If so, would we be eligible for it? My son has dual French/British nationality and my husband is French and will be working as a physiotherapist.
With one kid, you should benefit a credit on your income tax. I can't remember the amount, my husband told me 5 years ago and I forgot since.

Also, are there the equivalent of playgroups/mother and baby groups and if so, how do I find out about the ones in the local area? I'm guessing that there are... As we're moving to Ardeche, I'm a bit concerned that I will be a bit isolated so want to join some of the local groups if they exist...
Check with your local PMI PMI 07 - Tous les centres de l'Ardèche there is usually a weekly parent / baby playgroup.

Good luck with everything

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.