Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My partner would like to apply for the B2 visa to come stay with me in NYC for six months. He is employed part time by four different promotion agencies. He currently has access to approximately £5,000. Though I know there are many factors that go into application for visas into the U.S., how likely would you guess he is to get approved for a six-month B2 visa based on those two bits of information? He does not plan to work and would stay with me for free. Thank you!

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Hi everyone! My partner would like to apply for the B2 visa to come stay with me in NYC for six months. He is employed part time by four different promotion agencies. He currently has access to approximately £5,000. Though I know there are many factors that go into application for visas into the U.S., how likely would you guess he is to get approved for a six-month B2 visa based on those two bits of information? He does not plan to work and would stay with me for free. Thank you!
You've asked this same question in a variety of ways for a few months, and the answer is the same.

Someone who is eligible to use the VWP is unlikely to obtain a B-2 for a six month stay in the US especially where they have a romantic interest with whom they will "live free" for the duration; who do not have strong ties to the UK (who has a good/responsible job and is allowed a 6 month vacation?) and has little money of their own to cover the vacation time.

If you get denied the B2 then you are in a worse position because you then cannot use the VWP - but have to continuously apply for a visitor visa until such time as your circumstances change.

Visit for up to 90 days on the VWP.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Don't apply for a B-2 if he is young and of working age
it will be denied ,...they will suspect immigrant intent
and then he cannot use the visa waiver either for at least a year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts