Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came through immigration at Dublin on our way to Florida nad the Immigration Officer informed us that due to a change in policy 18 months ago we were now entitled to stay for 12 months in the USA instead of the normal 6. Anyone else come across this and is there a way to verify this information. He stated that the update was contained in an interdepartmental email about 18 months ago.

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
It's possible the U.S. CBP officer now has discretion to grant 12 month stay permission to the lowest risk B-2 visa holders. You can never count on personally experiencing that discretion, though. Check your passport stamp and/or I-94 card placed in your passport when you arrive. It'll have your permitted duration of stay noted.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
We came through immigration at Dublin on our way to Florida nad the Immigration Officer informed us that due to a change in policy 18 months ago we were now entitled to stay for 12 months in the USA instead of the normal 6. Anyone else come across this and is there a way to verify this information. He stated that the update was contained in an interdepartmental email about 18 months ago.
so how long did he give you on you passort

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
None of the official sites give information about a change in B2 policy. My personal two cents: check your I94; he may simply have made an incorrect statement. Even IO's are human.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts