Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I have initiated process to apply newzeland PR and Currently PAR is in progress. Planning to start EOI once I get PAR results. I have completed B.Sc(Maths,Computer Science and Physics)(3 Year Degree) and after that completed Master of computer applications(MCA) ,and currently having 7+ year of experience as DBA. While going through PR related threads, I have come across different concerns regarding my 3 Years B.sc and MCA.

In few discussions, they explained with similiar education profile, EOI or PR application get rejected due to over qualifications, and in other threads if we have computer science at B.sc level then it would not create any problem even if we have MCA degrees. Could someone please give clarify on these points.

Thanks,
Chandra

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Dear Friends,

I have initiated process to apply newzeland PR and Currently PAR is in progress. Planning to start EOI once I get PAR results. I have completed B.Sc(Maths,Computer Science and Physics)(3 Year Degree) and after that completed Master of computer applications(MCA) ,and currently having 7+ year of experience as DBA. While going through PR related threads, I have come across different concerns regarding my 3 Years B.sc and MCA.

In few discussions, they explained with similiar education profile, EOI or PR application get rejected due to over qualifications, and in other threads if we have computer science at B.sc level then it would not create any problem even if we have MCA degrees. Could someone please give clarify on these points.

Thanks,
Chandra
Yes it is true.
An applicant can only claim for one qualification and normally one would use the qualification that would give the most points......so MA over BA, but if you choose MA you cannot claim bonus points for an occupation off the LTSSL as MA is too high a level. In terms of claiming these bonus points you must meet the requirements stated exactly and MA is not listed, only BA, thus many individuals applications are returned with reduced points as they aren't eligible for the LTSSL bonus points. This then leaves their EOI not eligible for selection from the pool so it is returned or not eligible for submission as the points are reduced under 100.
If you claim for the BA, you will receive less points for it...50 as opposed to 60 for the MA, but then it allows you to claim for the LTSSL bonus points assuming it is listed in the requirements for your chosen occupation and you meet all the other criteria exactly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information, could you please help in clarifying below points after going through your updates as per my understandings.

1) Without my Master degree, I will get 140 points as 20 points are going to add with partner section, If this is case do immigration team consider my application or will they not consider?
2) Since I have my Master's degree , shall I get 60 points for this ,and for bonus point shall we consider my Bachelor degree ?
3) If I can't consider Master degree for any points, shall I only apply IQA for only my Bachelor degree ?
4) If I can consider master degree in my application, Do I separately need to raise IQA for both Bachelor and Master degree ?

Thanks,
Chandra

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Thank you for the information, could you please help in clarifying below points after going through your updates as per my understandings.

1) Without my Master degree, I will get 140 points as 20 points are going to add with partner section, If this is case do immigration team consider my application or will they not consider?
2) Since I have my Master's degree , shall I get 60 points for this ,and for bonus point shall we consider my Bachelor degree ?
3) If I can't consider Master degree for any points, shall I only apply IQA for only my Bachelor degree ?
4) If I can consider master degree in my application, Do I separately need to raise IQA for both Bachelor and Master degree ?

Thanks,
Chandra
1. If your eoi has 140 points it will be automatically selected from the pool at the next selection date.

2. You can only claim for one qualification. You need to claim for the BA if you have it as this will allow you to claim LTSSL points but also mention you have MA. If the BA and MA are in the same area and relevant to skills and experience you may get bonus points.
If you are not claiming LTSSL points then use the MA which will give 60 just for that alone.

3. & 4. If you need to get assessment of your qualifications then you cannot claim any points for them until you have the assessment and have a piece of paper from nzqa that states the equivalent level of the qualification. You cant just guess.
I believe you can assess up to 4 qualifications per individual in IQA for the same price so do them both.
On their own MA will give 60 points and BA 50 points assuming they meet the minimum equivalent level following assessment.
In terms of LTSSL you need BA so although you drop 10 points using this degree it can allow 15 bonus points in LTSSL which MA does not.
Also I've had experience that individuals who have BA and MA in the same area and both are relevant to their skills and experience and they are claiming LTSSL points that they are given another 5 points....never seen that in writing though on any literature from immigration?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts