Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, a little help please, I can't seem to find Benson and Hedges Gold cigarettes in Dubai, not the B&H special filter they have over here, but the UK type. I have tried Waitrose and the Smokers Center in MoE and Dubai Mall, and had no luck. Anybody seen them about? Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've found there are several types they don't have over here - Dunhill International size for example. We have armies of travellers (the jet kind, not the caravan sort) buying them from the airport duty free to feed my habit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've found there are several types they don't have over here - Dunhill International size for example. We have armies of travellers (the jet kind, not the caravan sort) buying them from the airport duty free to feed my habit.
I know, so frustrating, all the cigarettes I Dubai are really light, very low nicotine. I have asked a few people to bring some over for me.

Is there some law about the levels of nicotine in cigarettes over here?
Just seems strange, as nearly everything I could want from England is available here.
If you happen to cone across any, please give me a shout. Glenn

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know, so frustrating, all the cigarettes I Dubai are really light, very low nicotine. I have asked a few people to bring some over for me.

Is there some law about the levels of nicotine in cigarettes over here?
Just seems strange, as nearly everything I could want from England is available here.
If you happen to cone across any, please give me a shout. Glenn
I'll definitely keep an eye out. Ahhh B&H, reminds me of my childhood when we graduated from Embies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to barge in on the thread when I'm not answering the question but what sort of British **** do you get over there? I'll be moving over in the next few months hopefully just waiting on my start date and I was wondering if you get Lambert/Regal/Embassy Number 1 which are my brands of choice. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to barge in on the thread when I'm not answering the question but what sort of British **** do you get over there? I'll be moving over in the next few months hopefully just waiting on my start date and I was wondering if you get Lambert/Regal/Embassy Number 1 which are my brands of choice. :)
Well in duty free when you land, you can stock up on Embassy, Mayfair and I believe Regal. Check out the dubai duty free website.

As for general shops and Smokers Center, none of the above. I have seen Superking Blue and Rothmans, and the B&H special filter. That's about it, other than M/boro lights and Reds. My advice is stock up in duty free, or face the challenge of finding a new brand. A carton of 200 is 75dhs, about £13. So £1.30 a pack. If you happen to bring any B&H gold over, I will happily reimburse you :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well in duty free when you land, you can stock up on Embassy, Mayfair and I believe Regal. Check out the dubai duty free website.

As for general shops and Smokers Center, none of the above. I have seen Superking Blue and Rothmans, and the B&H special filter. That's about it, other than M/boro lights and Reds. My advice is stock up in duty free, or face the challenge of finding a new brand. A carton of 200 is 75dhs, about £13. So £1.30 a pack. If you happen to bring any B&H gold over, I will happily reimburse you :)
I don't actually mind B&H Special Filter, they first ciggy I ever smoked. I was on Superking Blues when I was out in Oman for four months a few years ago, not a fan of those.

Can't really complain at those prices, they have just gone up 37p a pack back here, around £7.80 for 20 Embassy where I am.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi folks, a little help please, I can't seem to find Benson and Hedges Gold cigarettes in Dubai, not the B&H special filter they have over here, but the UK type. I have tried Waitrose and the Smokers Center in MoE and Dubai Mall, and had no luck. Anybody seen them about? Thanks.
Suggest you try West Zone Supermarket (branches all over Dubai) - reason being, when my Mum came over a couple of years ago (for two months!) and her duty frees ran out, WZ was the only place which stocked her brand (and she'd tried Smokers Centre, Carrefour, Spinneys et al before that)...she also mentioned that they had various other UK brands she hadn't seen on sale anywhere else in Dubai.

teuchter

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suggest you try West Zone Supermarket (branches all over Dubai) - reason being, when my Mum came over a couple of years ago (for two months!) and her duty frees ran out, WZ was the only place which stocked her brand (and she'd tried Smokers Centre, Carrefour, Spinneys et al before that)...she also mentioned that they had various other UK brands she hadn't seen on sale anywhere else in Dubai.

teuchter
Great, thanks for that, I shall have a look. Amy branches you know of off the top of your head?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.