Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this evening a young boy of about 9 tried to sell me roses which I didn't want... he told me only 20 pounds madame, I told him I didn't want them but I would give him something... I gave him 50LE and I thought he was going to kiss me. I walked away into a shop only to find him waiting for me outside and he had taken a rose and wrapped it in some foil and found a pin to attach it to me.

Later I was waiting to cross the road and I just couldn't seem to get into the flow of traffic, I felt a hand in mine and there was my boy who took my hand and crossed the road with me.

:love:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Earlier this evening a young boy of about 9 tried to sell me roses which I didn't want... he told me only 20 pounds madame, I told him I didn't want them but I would give him something... I gave him 50LE and I thought he was going to kiss me. I walked away into a shop only to find him waiting for me outside and he had taken a rose and wrapped it in some foil and found a pin to attach it to me.

Later I was waiting to cross the road and I just couldn't seem to get into the flow of traffic, I felt a hand in mine and there was my boy who took my hand and crossed the road with me.

Excuse me for being cynical but he probably would have cursed you if you didn't give him any money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excuse me for being cynical but he probably would have cursed you if you didn't give him any money :rolleyes:

Don't spoil it for me... I was touched, the boy came to find me with the rose and later on when he took me across the road I hadn't even seen him.

I am looking for positives in everything today...

·
Registered
754 Posts

That made my day.

:clap2:

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts

Ahhh....how lovely :D and nice to know some family will have a decent meal tonight...well done Maiden :clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
129 Posts

When I read the head of the thread, the one you see when you roll over the title, I thought that the story ends at the first line but reading through made me thrilled. :love: :love:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Awwww.... so sweet!!
Occasionally.....JUST occasionally.....something heartwarming happens in Egypt, and restores your faith in people!!
Tomorrow, he'll be back, to introduce you to his single older brother!!:)
Nice one, Maiden!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts