Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the average points which generally people have while applying in subclass 189 Skilled migration in IT field in last 2 years? I know that one should have 60 points to be eligible.
I am expecting approx 60 or 65 points but i am doubtful whether i should go ahead for Visa application.
I am planning to score 79 plus (20 points in VISA) in PTE and then file my VISA with around 70-75 points. Can anyone guide me which is the best option, though getting 79 plus seems very difficult, i am preparing for PTE through self study.
Should i wait to score 79 plus or go ahead and get in VISA queue with 60-65 points ?

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Passion.
If you are able to get 65 then you should file your EOI immediately.
with 65 points you have a very good chance of being invited in the very next round.
Don't be worried. points is only just the first step to get you invited after receiving an invite it doesn't matter how much points you have. 75 or 65 both will be in the same processing state. so don't think getting 75 will fasten your VISA process.
if you are able to get 65 lodge immediately. for the matter of fact if you have 60 also don't wait. lodge your EOI.,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Passion.
If you are able to get 65 then you should file your EOI immediately.
with 65 points you have a very good chance of being invited in the very next round.
Don't be worried. points is only just the first step to get you invited after receiving an invite it doesn't matter how much points you have. 75 or 65 both will be in the same processing state. so don't think getting 75 will fasten your VISA process.
if you are able to get 65 lodge immediately. for the matter of fact if you have 60 also don't wait. lodge your EOI.,
I hope you are right... so as mentioned by you points are just to be eligible and get an invitation to file a VISA, and it does not have any relevance after that?

So should i file as early as possible, if i have 60-65 points, since this VISA grant year has already started from 01July ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Other members kindly share your thoughts on this..
I agree with SUKU1809, there is no relevance of points in visa assessment. You need the points only to get the invite. I myself have 75 points but waiting for grant since April 1st and you can see many people in april, may and june getting visa's granted. You can apply with 65 only and get the grant!

I feel more the points, more the time it takes for assessment and grant ! :noidea:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Other members kindly share your thoughts on this..
Hey aussiPassion,

SUKU1809 has given you all the information that anyone else can possible provide for the question you asked.

If you are applying with 60 points chances are that you may have to wait for a couple of rounds (2 to 3 rounds) before you get an invite to file for your visa.
If you have more than 60 points (ie. 65 or more) you can expect to get an invite in the next upcoming round.

1. Points are used to shortlist candidates who would be invited to file for a Visa.
2. During Visa processing your Case Officer will check if you are actually entitled for the points you have claimed. This is ascertained based on the documents you upload.

Once visa processing starts, the points claimed do not have any impact on the visa processing time. Meaning that a person with higher points will not get his visa processed faster just by the virtue of having more points.

Disclaimer: The information that members provide to you are based on the trends for visa invites for the last many months now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts