Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to check these details at hays, seek etc, but these details were not consistent and sometimes confusing.

I would like to know what's the average salary for a 10+ year experienced Software Engineer/Architect? What's the minimum that I can expect?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was trying to check these details at hays, seek etc, but these details were not consistent and sometimes confusing.

I would like to know what's the average salary for a 10+ year experienced Software Engineer/Architect? What's the minimum that I can expect?

Thank you in advance.
Hi there,
There are many factors that will come into play - domain, city, demand, employer, your negotiation strength, visa/PR status.
For example, I know of someone who has 12+ yrs experience in banking domain, in Sydney, working with an indian co, on a 457 and earns around 115k yearly. I also think that PR holders earn better and local companies seem to pay better than indian.
I would say 90 - 115k wold be the range you could look for - you should check seek job listings - salaries are mentioned in some. Overall Australia is much more transparent than India in salary matters. Have you tried speaking to any recruitment consultants- I have found them to be quite helpful in giving an assessment of the likely roles and salary you might attract.

Good luck!
Topazz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.