Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!
I have some questions regarding working life in Dubai. I am in process of discussing job opportunity in Dubai with one start-up company who i met during a tradeshow. The job is overseas sales and marketing staff at Cosmetic company. Company is asking how much I am willing to get and i have no clue about average salary in Dubai? As for me, as long as i can save 1600USD a month, i can work there. So can you tell me about average living cost? Would it be possible to find rooms around 1500$ nearby metro station? Also company said cost for paperwork for hiring foreign expat is really high? Is that true? Where can i find about work visa permit? Your kind suggestions and tips would be highly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
At the top of the Dubai part of this forum there are a series of "sticky" posts.
These cover subjects such as jobs, accommodation, etc. and will generally answer all of your questions.
Therefore - have a good read of these and then if there is something you can't find the answer for - post a specific question.
The forum also has a good search function - again, use this for each of your questions, as there are numerous recent posts with answers on each subject.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
449 Posts
The general 'rule' is: earning what you currently earn TAX FREE is in general what you need to get to have a similar lifestyle in Dubai..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts