Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I have more than 9 years experience of designing, implementing and administration of AVAYA IP Telephony/IPCC. I am planning to apply for ACS in 263111 "Computer Network and Systems Engineer". I would really appreciate if somebody on this forum confirm me that 263111 covers Avaya IP Telephony.

Also If there is any AVAYA IPCC engineer who have received a positive ACS assessment could guide me for the JD preparation.

Looking forward.

Regards,
Shaheryar Ali

·
Registered
5,182 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Friends,

I have more than 9 years experience of designing, implementing and administration of AVAYA IP Telephony/IPCC. I am planning to apply for ACS in 263111 "Computer Network and Systems Engineer". I would really appreciate if somebody on this forum confirm me that 263111 covers Avaya IP Telephony.

Also If there is any AVAYA IPCC engineer who have received a positive ACS assessment could guide me for the JD preparation.

Looking forward.

Regards,
Shaheryar Ali
Hi, likely you need to modify your job experience in order to match the JD for 263111.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Friends,

Looking forward.

Regards,
Shaheryar Ali
Yes, you can use 263111. I am from Cisco UC / IP Telephony / VoIP domain. Successfully migrated here, now searching job in Sydney.

Just prepare your Roles & Responsibilities as per the 263111 description.

Reactions: shaheryaralishah

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all.

Siva19. I would really appreciate if you look at my job description before I send it for ACS. I will share with you by Friday.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Friends,

Looking forward.

Regards,
Shaheryar Ali
Salam Bhai.

I just got a positive assessment 2 days ago under 263111. I've worked as an Avaya engineer working on UC components such as CM, AES, CMS but I've mentioned in my letters that the work that I do is related to computers and networks as most Avaya telephony is IP based these days.

Initially, they rejected my ACS assessment, but after I appealed where I showed them my Avaya credentials, where I've taken IP Networking certifications and explained to them how our work is related to computer systems and networks, they gave me a positive assessment.

Make sure to include details of work related to IP and networking and include VOIP in JD. Here's an example of what I wrote in JD.

• Installation and implementation of telephony Voip/TDM solution into customer’s network
• Responsible for installation, testing, implementation, commissioning and maintaining and repairing of Voice/Voip equipment and systems on site or via remote diagnostic support.
• Preparation of project documentation including, technical specification, functional specification, test plan, user training manual, network diagrams, design layout etc.
• Preventive maintenance for existing Voice customers
• Administration, Programming and Testing of Voice systems (remote and on-site)
• Troubleshooting Voice/VOIP Equipment faults and working together with Tier 2/3 engineers
• Installation and administration of Pabx monitoring tools and applications
• Assigned as Lead Engineer to maintain complex Voice network of leading client XXX

All the best...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts