Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

Has anyone successfully managed to set up an aval bancario for a long term rental? I'm trying to get it done through Sabadell (who I bank with) as a tenant, but I have concerns about how long this process might take, and the cost. I have the 6 months of rent required, but they want info on my personal solvency etc now.

If it's going to take forever, like I suspect, I'll take a different option.

Thanks
Mal

·
Administrator
36,785 Posts
Hi all :)

Has anyone successfully managed to set up an aval bancario for a long term rental? I'm trying to get it done through Sabadell (who I bank with) as a tenant, but I have concerns about how long this process might take, and the cost. I have the 6 months of rent required, but they want info on my personal solvency etc now.

If it's going to take forever, like I suspect, I'll take a different option.

Thanks
Mal
in 10 years of renting & several moves, I've never been asked for one.....

maybe my fellow moderator snikpoh will be able to help (he's a landlord :))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in 10 years of renting & several moves, I've never been asked for one.....

maybe my fellow moderator snikpoh will be able to help (he's a landlord :))
Yeah, I avoided it for the last two years in the campo. But this is a huge detached villa in central benalmadena, and I understand that unfortunately guarantees like this are common for such properties.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Yeah, I avoided it for the last two years in the campo. But this is a huge detached villa in central benalmadena, and I understand that unfortunately guarantees like this are common for such properties.
Sometimes they're asked for on larger properties with larger than average rents.

I don't know how long they take to get though.

6 months rent up front - please don't! It's a buyers market and you should be able to negotiate this to the standard of just 1 month. There are so many properties for rent that I'm sure you could find one with 'normal' rental details.

Tell the landlord that he can have one or the other (aval or 6 months up-front) but not both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.