Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've run into a Spanish catch-22. I'm about to start up as Autonomo working permanently for an employer in Denmark. I have to travel to Denmark a bit and will have some costs in Denmark asociated with this. This would be taxi, bus, meals, hotel and plane tickets. Many of these will only produce a reciept - ticket. Which isn't a valid factura in Spain. So I can't deduct these expenses, even though they are directly related to my work. I've talked to several gestors, friends and google - they all agree.

Help!
What do I do?

Don't spanish companies have customers in other countries? How do they deal with this?
The only solution I've been able to come up with is setting up a company in another EU country and do my book keeping there. This really isn't helping the economy here.

Magnum

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've run into a Spanish catch-22. I'm about to start up as Autonomo working permanently for an employer in Denmark. I have to travel to Denmark a bit and will have some costs in Denmark asociated with this. This would be taxi, bus, meals, hotel and plane tickets. Many of these will only produce a reciept - ticket. Which isn't a valid factura in Spain. So I can't deduct these expenses, even though they are directly related to my work. I've talked to several gestors, friends and google - they all agree.

Help!
What do I do?

Don't spanish companies have customers in other countries? How do they deal with this?
The only solution I've been able to come up with is setting up a company in another EU country and do my book keeping there. This really isn't helping the economy here.

Magnum
Go to the horses mouth - your local tax office. There is of course a way to do it and if gestores don't know how to do it then the only place to find out is by going directly to those in the know.

And then post the answer on here, please!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts