Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise please.....

I have been living with my partner for 27 years and have changed my name legally by deed pol through a solicitor in England over 20 years ago.

Will I be covered on his Autonoma for health care in Spain? Or do we have to provide a marriage certificate? Many Thanks Carol

·
Administrator
36,540 Posts
Can anyone advise please.....

I have been living with my partner for 27 years and have changed my name legally by deed pol through a solicitor in England over 20 years ago.

Will I be covered on his Autonoma for health care in Spain? Or do we have to provide a marriage certificate? Many Thanks Carol
being married would certainly make it easier...

I'm guessing that you don't have a registered 'civil partnership' either? Though tbh I'm not sure that a UK one would count here in any case

there is a thing in Spain known as 'pareja de hecho' - which is where you register your relationship with the ayuntamiento - & until recently your relationship would have been accepted pretty much everywhere, but now in most areas they will only accept proof that you have been living together for 2 years minimum IN SPAIN - and in some areas they aren't registering any at all

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you advise how I would proceed to obtain legal partnership in Spain?
Or would it be easier to just get married out there?
And if so what is the procedure?
Do you have to be a resident for a certain amount of time? Many Thanks Carol

·
Administrator
36,540 Posts
Can you advise how I would proceed to obtain legal partnership in Spain?
Or would it be easier to just get married out there?
And if so what is the procedure?
Do you have to be a resident for a certain amount of time? Many Thanks Carol
a year I think??

I'm not sure

this guide was written by some friends of mine about getting married where we live - the 'red tape' aspect is probably more or less the same everywhere

javeamigos.com | GETTING MARRIED IN JAVEA

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a year I think??

I'm not sure

this guide was written by some friends of mine about getting married where we live - the 'red tape' aspect is probably more or less the same everywhere

javeamigos.com | GETTING MARRIED IN JAVEA

Thank you so much for your help. I read the link written by your friend and found it extremely informative and helpful. Please thank and congratulate your friend for such a wonderful link.
Regards
Carol :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
The way the law works is to give protection to those that come within it. Whatever your reasons for not marrying and legally demonstrating commitment, it is a lot easier if you are All sorts of areas then are open to you such as being next of kin, being able to inherit, etc, etc. Whilst this occurs in the Uk to an extent it is more so in countries like Spain. Just don't try marrying in Spain unless you want a real taste of their bureaucracy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts