Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends

I am a newbie who is just starting the process of immigration to australia.

Found this forum and went through lot of posts here,I must say it great forum to ask your queries and to be friends with future expats.

I have below query,It would be be highly appreciated if some senior members can reply.

I started my career in 2006.I have total 7years of experince. Below are the details of my roles

1) Company 1 : Dec 2006 -sept 2008 ( 2 year as A Software developer java).

2) Company 2 : Sept 2008- Aug 2010 ( 2 years as manual and Automation tester.(QTP))

3) Company 3 : Sept 2010- sept 2011 ( 1 years as manual and Automation tester.)

4) Company 4 : sept 2012 - till date (2 years as manual and Automation tester.)

As you an se ei have played role of Software developer intially and then mix of manual and automation tester

My query what should i do and why

1) Should i show intial 2 years as software dev and rest 5 years as Automation tester(qtp)

or

2) Should i show intial 2 years as software dev and rest 5 years as manual tester.

Please let me know which option should opt for and why seeing the current rejection trend.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Seniors please help on this !!!!
Hi it_Engg, so what did you get accessed ? Software engineer or software tester ?
I am an 7yrs experienced automation tester, I am thinking of getting accessed as software engineer, as my roles and responsibilities are more in to software engineer.

Can you please let us know your inputs and accessment results, so that I can proceed accordingly ?:fingerscrossed:

Reactions: Ron_Aus

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Friends

I am a newbie who is just starting the process of immigration to australia.

Found this forum and went through lot of posts here,I must say it great forum to ask your queries and to be friends with future expats.

I have below query,It would be be highly appreciated if some senior members can reply.

I started my career in 2006.I have total 7years of experince. Below are the details of my roles

1) Company 1 : Dec 2006 -sept 2008 ( 2 year as A Software developer java).

2) Company 2 : Sept 2008- Aug 2010 ( 2 years as manual and Automation tester.(QTP))

3) Company 3 : Sept 2010- sept 2011 ( 1 years as manual and Automation tester.)

4) Company 4 : sept 2012 - till date (2 years as manual and Automation tester.)

As you an se ei have played role of Software developer intially and then mix of manual and automation tester

My query what should i do and why

1) Should i show intial 2 years as software dev and rest 5 years as Automation tester(qtp)

or

2) Should i show intial 2 years as software dev and rest 5 years as manual tester.

Please let me know which option should opt for and why seeing the current rejection trend.

thanks in advance

HI

Even i was a software developer initially and later moved to testing.but i applied as software programmer and i got my visa granted.U can also apply as a programmer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello and Good day to everyone who are part of this forum !! I am in the initial stages of applying for ACS as 'Software Engineer'. I am from India and would like to list down the queries below.

I have worked in 2 companies. Roles peformed are similar to Software Engineer , ie extracting requirements , design , development , testing ( manual + automation) .
However in my last company , I had 3 designations , initially 'Project Engineer' , then 'Senior Software Engineer' , finally while exiting the company my designation was 'Test Lead.' I can get the notarised reference letter from my previous company manager stating the roles/responsibilties and designations.

However while exiting the last company in the company letter head release letter only my final designation ie "Test Lead" is mentioned ( written like this :- the designation held by him at the time of leaving was 'Test Lead'). I don't have any supporting documents on company letter head that I had also held the designations of 'Project Engineer' and 'Senior Software Engineer' ( can only mention them on the notarised reference letter)

When I upload my experience details in ACS website I see that it asks for 'Position Title' and the supporting docs for a company. Since I am applying for role Software Engineer will it be appropiate to give 'Test Lead ' as the 'Position Title' since this is was the last designation that I had held in my previous company.

a) Will this be a deterrent for granting me proper ACS under 'Software Engineer ' role ? I can upload the notarised reference letter where all the designations and roles/responsibilities are mentioned.

b) Also even if I am granted proper ACS under 'Software Engineer ' role will there be a problem created by Case Officer while visa submission and he might ask for proof of all the designations on company letter head?

If any of the seniors here had designation as Test Lead / Test Manager and applied under role Software Engineer please let me know .

Thanking you people in advance.

Thanks ,
Ron_Aus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts