Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
For someone who has moved recently and has couple of months of paystubs can we expect a lower interest rates on auto loans? Or do we have to wait an year or two until we build a proper credit history. I am moving to Melbourne next month on PR with job in hand (internal company transfer) and I am eager to know how long i will have to wait for a car loan with a decent interest rate less than 5%. I have heard that credit unions provide low interest loans for folks with new credit history- is it true? Please advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello,
For someone who has moved recently and has couple of months of paystubs can we expect a lower interest rates on auto loans? Or do we have to wait an year or two until we build a proper credit history. I am moving to Melbourne next month on PR with job in hand (internal company transfer) and I am eager to know how long i will have to wait for a car loan with a decent interest rate less than 5%. I have heard that credit unions provide low interest loans for folks with new credit history- is it true? Please advise.

Thanks
Have you given a thought to the idea of "Novated Lease"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts