Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new car during Ramadan sale and took out an auto loan with a renowned local bank for a flat rate interest rate for 3 years. I signed all documents on June 20 and got delivery of the car on June 29. My first EMI was due on August 5 and it got auto-debited from my account. All is well so far.

My only issue is that I haven't received any physical or email documentation of the loan so far. I checked with the sales agent and he says he has submitted all documents with the bank, so to check with them. I checked with the bank branch, and they say the documents 'should have been' dispatched to my company PO box that I had provided. My company says they haven't received any courier from this bank addressed to me. So, I am stuck with every one conveniently passing the ball to someone else's court.

Is there any issue of not having the original physical loan documentation for auto loans? Is this required during loan closure? I don't have a single physical document evidence of total loan amount or monthly EMI etc. When I call customer care, they gave all correct numbers so nothing is amiss there. I requested the bank branch for a copy of loan statement and payment schedule and it's been a week now and still waiting. Is all this normal and should I simply be more patient or is there something I need to worry about?

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Sounds tedious but can you not just visit one of the branches and ask them for a copy of all the loan documentation? I would feel more secure having these documents in my hand rather than just chugging along with a loan and no supporting documents.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have bought many bank financed cars in the GCC and have never received any documents. The only bank that was different was ADCB, they sent me an email explaining briefly my loan structure. No hard copies. This is completely normal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds tedious but can you not just visit one of the branches and ask them for a copy of all the loan documentation? I would feel more secure having these documents in my hand rather than just chugging along with a loan and no supporting documents.
I did visit a bank branch on Aug 2 and submitted an application for loan statement and payment schedule.. they asked me to wait till I get an SMS saying it is ready for collection from the branch.. that 'SMS' has remained elusive so far.. i'll wait until next week and go check again.

I have bought many bank financed cars in the GCC and have never received any documents. The only bank that was different was ADCB, they sent me an email explaining briefly my loan structure. No hard copies. This is completely normal.
Ok thanks, comforting to know mine if not a one off case.. but would be so much more relieving to have some documents handy, at least email documentation.. also, i'm told i can create an online account to generate loan statements only if I have a bank account or a credit card with them..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts