Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a quick question concering auto entrepeneur. I'm a Belgian and currently living in Malaysia but we are planning on moving to France in May. My partner (we're not married) is Canadian. Can he come on a normal tourist visa and than start the process for the auto entr? Or do we have to start this process from here? What do you advice?
Thanks so much!
Kat

·
Administrator
50,859 Posts
I'm fairly certain that they will require a foreigner to have some sort of long-stay visa/carte de séjour with working privileges in order to register as an auto-entrepreneur. You probably won't find it stated online anywhere, but the issue will simply come up in the registration process.

There is supposed to be a process for admitting the long-term partner of an EU national on a long-stay visa (with all the same rights as the EU national partner), though France is not keen to do this and will probably throw up all sorts of roadblocks. If the two of you are married, it's fairly straight-forward to get him in, or you first establish residence in France and then go the "fiancé visa" route, which requires you to actually get married within a certain period of time.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.