Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can an auto-entrepreneur work in producing food like chocolates, sweets, or breads?

I imagine it must be very complicated -- a million certifications or regulations must be obtained?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Activité créative

Salut à tous !
Je cherche à pratiquer une activite artistique comme le dessin ou la peinture..
vous me conseillerai quoi pour debuter ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there

you're right as Bev said it's regulated so you can be an auto-entreprise but you have to be "agreed" by the Chambre des Metiers et de l'Artisanant. 2 ways, either you've got a recognise certificate (they are equivalences) as a baker, chocolate or sweet maker or if you can prove you've work for at least 3 years in the industrie I think you can get recognise (but it takes about a year).

Other thing, i don't know your situation but if you are registered with the job center (pole emploi) you can go for training (they should pay for it cause it a though after trade) and it last around 6 months or if you're working for a french company you're entitle after I think a year with them to a "gap" year to train for something.

Just to tell you also, some biscuit making are not regulated like cookies. So if you intend to do is maybe a speciality from your country, it might be worth checking with chambre des metiers, only could they tell you if it's regulated (example, I'm not sure making turkish delight will require a certification in France and it's the same for biscuits no such thing as "maitre biscuitier" whereas you have "maitre, boulanger, chocolatier or confiseur"!

Hope that give you some clues.

Cheers,

Pauline

·
Administrator
51,620 Posts
Salut à tous !
Je cherche à pratiquer une activite artistique comme le dessin ou la peinture..
vous me conseillerai quoi pour debuter ?
This is an English language forum, so it would help if you would post your question in English.

Frankly, we're not really in a position to recommend what sort of activity you should try to set yourself up in. It is really a matter of what sort of background you have and what your needs are with respect to income, stability, your reasons for living in France, etc.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info, dodeka!

it might be worth checking with chambre des metiers, only could they tell you if it's regulated (example, I'm not sure making turkish delight will require a certification in France and it's the same for biscuits no such thing as "maitre biscuitier" whereas you have "maitre, boulanger, chocolatier or confiseur"!
I suppose they even have a certificate for being a maître en ébullition de l'eau pour le thé :D

Two-year degree... :p Only the cool-headed students pass the final exam...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.