Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a few questions for me?

I'm an Australian in Paris on the Working Holiday Visa. I have commenced work minding a couple of French kids in the afternoons, and helping them with their English.

I had no idea about having to get the Autorisation de Travail Provisoire when I found employment, I'm only learning about this now. Having read through a number of helpful posts, I was wondering if someone could explain what this Authorisation requires?

Do I need to apply for it, or does the family that is hiring me? And if it is the family, is it likely that this will cause any problems/confusion, or is it all fairly straightforward?

I have yet to be paid by the family, but is it likely to cause problems if I state that I have already commenced work?

Would it be possible for anyone to outline the precise documents required when I go to the Direction Départementale de l’Emploi et de la Formation Professionnelle? I have read that you need to have a 'Contract' (Is this a set form, or merely a written letter signed by both parties?), and have also seen the form titled 'DEMANDE D'AUTORISATION DE TRAVAIL POUR UN SALARIÉ ÉTRANGER - CONTRAT DE TRAVAIL SIMPLIFIÉ'. My french isn't the greatest, so I'm not really understanding if I fill this out, or my employer, or both.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm just really trying to avoid rocking up to the Paris department with all the wrong documents!

Thanks guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.