Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction , i type in search bar/FAQ bar what im looking for but the threads are not about what im looking for ..maybe my spelling .
were would i find out about being self employed in spain.

also if you work part time self employed (paying into spanish system) would that cover for healthcare or not?

if anyone could post a link or tell me what to search id be very greatful thank you x

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok found a useful site on self employment with everything i need to know ..just need to find info on the part time self employment please x

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Can anyone point me in the right direction , i type in search bar/FAQ bar what im looking for but the threads are not about what im looking for ..maybe my spelling .
were would i find out about being self employed in spain.

also if you work part time self employed (paying into spanish system) would that cover for healthcare or not?

if anyone could post a link or tell me what to search id be very greatful thank you x
I think you are looking for information about being autonomo, deedee. There are many posters who can give you up-to-date information about that as they work as self-employed...xabia for one.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I think you are looking for information about being autonomo, deedee. There are many posters who can give you up-to-date information about that as they work as self-employed...xabia for one.
Yes, autonomo. I've just done a search and quite honestly, there are so many threads relating to it that its probably easier if you have a go.

Basically, autonomo is a monthly payment of around 260€, altho I believe at the moment theres a reduced payment of 50€ a month for the first year. This then makes you eligible for healthcare in Spain. Your best bet to get autonomo would be to contact a local Gestor.

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
yes, as the others have said it's autónomo

& yes, if you're working as self-employed/autónomo & paying SS contributions then the entire family can be covered for healthcare

there is, as jojo said a new system for new registrations where the SS payment is 50€ a month for a limited period ( 6 months/a year - not sure exactly) then over a period of time it goes up to full contributions are at least 260€ a month, depending on your age & what you do.

these SS payments are the same every month regardless of how much you earn, or how many hours you work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

& yes, if you're working as self-employed/autónomo & paying SS contributions then the entire family can be covered for healthcare

there is, as jojo said a new system for new registrations where the SS payment is 50€ a month for a limited period ( 6 months/a year - not sure exactly) then over a period of time it goes up to full contributions are at least 260€ a month, depending on your age & what you do.

these SS payments are the same every month regardless of how much you earn, or how many hours you work

so even if i work only part time the payment would still be 260 euros per month ? (after the initial 50 euro for the first year)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts

I thing it's 50 for 6 months, then 75 for six months then it goes back up to full whack.

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
so even if i work only part time the payment would still be 260 euros per month ? (after the initial 50 euro for the first year)
yes, that's how it works

I thing it's 50 for 6 months, then 75 for six months then it goes back up to full whack.
thanks - I knew it was something like that but couldn't remember the exact figures/timescale!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts

..... and unfortunately its not based on your income either. You could earn nothing for the duration and still have to pay the said amount!!!!! Altho if you're lucky it works the other way - if you earn 10,00000€ a week, you still only have to pay the same amount

Jo xxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone , Got a lot to think about , I need to get some more info regarding the job itself facts n figures but maybe this would be the answer to our first years health care problem.

·
Registered
746 Posts
For Social Security payments yes.

Just don't forget you may be liable to income tax on your earnings subject to allowances and how much you earn. The €260 a month payment is for Social Security only and is paid regardless of how much you earn.

Reactions: deedee76

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For Social Security payments yes.

Just don't forget you may be liable to income tax on your earnings subject to allowances and how much you earn. The €260 a month payment is for Social Security only and is paid regardless of how much you earn.
thank you ,were can i get information on allowances and how much i can earn /or will pay in tax ect from?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, autonomo. I've just done a search and quite honestly, there are so many threads relating to it that its probably easier if you have a go.

Basically, autonomo is a monthly payment of around 260€, altho I believe at the moment theres a reduced payment of 50€ a month for the first year. This then makes you eligible for healthcare in Spain. Your best bet to get autonomo would be to contact a local Gestor.

Jo xxx

thank you ,i think this is going to be the way to go for the first 12 months at least ,as then we can get covered for healthcare ..ive been going over the specialized quotes for my son with pre existing condition cover cheapest is 830 euro per month.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
thank you ,i think this is going to be the way to go for the first 12 months at least ,as then we can get covered for healthcare ..ive been going over the specialized quotes for my son with pre existing condition cover cheapest is 830 euro per month.
You will need to prove an income as well to become a resident and therefore entitled to become an autonomo, which may be difficult unless you have independent means??? Its a bit of a catch 22 sometimes lol!!!

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
You will need to prove an income as well to become a resident and therefore entitled to become an autonomo, which may be difficult unless you have independent means??? Its a bit of a catch 22 sometimes lol!!!

Jo xxx
actually - you can become autónomo with the NIE & then register as resident later - within the 3 months of course

@ deedee76 - you can't just regsiter & pay the SS payments - you have to have a proper business, & submit proper accounts every quarter

I'm changing the title of this thread now to reflect its content - autónomo/self-employment

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Jo xxx
we have funds plus will have an income monthly (my hubby) will be working but as he will be employed by a uk company we wont be entitled to the healthcare system only private until we have been resident for 12 months.
im just working through one problem at a time re my earlier posts lolx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
actually - you can become autónomo with the NIE & then register as resident later - within the 3 months of course

@ deedee76 - you can't just regsiter & pay the SS payments - you have to have a proper business, & submit proper accounts every quarter

I'm changing the title of this thread now to reflect its content - autónomo/self-employment

yes i know that , luckily i know an accountant and can get some further information/help.
just needed to clarify the spanish side first :)

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
yes i know that , luckily i know an accountant and can get some further information/help.
just needed to clarify the spanish side first :)
that IS the Spanish side - you need to produce invoices for everything in & out, with tax numbers - & submit accounts quarterly

1 - 20 of 48 Posts