Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
The google translate was very good...apart from this
" The State granted a residence visa to foreigners who invest at least two billion euros" :D

·
Administrator
36,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The google translate was very good...apart from this
" The State granted a residence visa to foreigners who invest at least two billion euros" :D
lol .......... 2 million ............. 2 billion :rolleyes2:

hey ho - don't know how many that will attract anyway - it's not like you even get permanent residence !!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Damn, just 2 mill?? I'll send the 2 bill back...

·
Administrator
36,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well at least it is a start on trying to make forward moves.
very true - & hopefully it will encourage 'black' workers to register now as well - good for them & good for the economy

it might have a knock-on effect on property prices too - anything a bit under the 500,000€ mark might have more chance of selling if the price went up a bit

property agent friends tell me that most contacts, viewings & purchases in my town are by Russians - & the town has been heavily marketing itself as a holiday destination to Russia the past couple of years

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Superb! I read about this yesterday but in my article it made no mention of age and I assumed it was only for under-30s, as rumoured earlier this year. We have been thinking about the merits of starting a small business but the autónomo payments would have made it far too expensive to start with. This is the sort of thing that will help revitalise the country - a good start!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
As far as I can tell, it is for the first 6 months, after that it increases to €180 a month and then €300 after a further 18 months. Which is when most of the new contributors will stop. That was in one article I read, others have different interpretations but along the same lines...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Once they see the downturn in people paying after the introductory period they'll hopefully look to make another change, perhaps on a permanent basis.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You never know!!! But this is Spain and it might take a while for them to get through that red tape thing they have here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts