Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I am going to do my visa medical. I am worried about my eye vision. My one eye has 6/6 vision (full vision) and another has no vision. Is there any eye vision requirement for PR?

Is there any problem for issuing 190 visa? My Occupation is software engineer. please help?

G

·
Shouldnt be an issue so long as you can read the eye test board with spectacles or contacts. Would only really be a problem if you were either blind and it would be a hindrance to work or you had some eye disease which meant progressive sight loss and treatment needed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
you'll be fine. i have a cataract in one eye (4/20 vision) but perfect sight in the other *knock on wood* :p

my med was referred for this but it was cleared with no problem

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shouldnt be an issue so long as you can read the eye test board with spectacles or contacts. Would only really be a problem if you were either blind and it would be a hindrance to work or you had some eye disease which meant progressive sight loss and treatment needed.
Thanks shel.

With one eye, I cannot read or cannot see.. But another eye I can. Both Eyes I can read. If they take each eye, one eye is totally blind. worried actually...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you'll be fine. i have a cataract in one eye (4/20 vision) but perfect sight in the other *knock on wood* :p

thanks h3rdan.
4/20 vision means one eye is totally blind?

·
Registered
66 Posts
thanks h3rdan.
4/20 vision means one eye is totally blind?
no, it's "legally blind". I can see but I can't see to read or anything useful with it if my other eye were to go out

to reiterate, you will be fine..once the vision in your good eye is above a certain level then you will meet the requirement.

the only time you may have issues is if you were fully blind in one eye and partially blind in the other and/or have a condition that may require treatment and/or long term care such as glaucoma, macular degeneration etc

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you h3rdna

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

dear h3rdna,

How much time took for cleared your medicals once it is reffered to Australlian Medical team?

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have lattice in my both eyes but don't have any hole. My glass power are -4.5(left), -5.00(right). Will it create any obstacle for me to get visa in Australia? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have lattice in my both eyes but don't have any hole. My glass power are -4.5(left), -5.00(right). Will it create any obstacle for me to get visa in Australia? Thanks in advance
About lattice I dont know. About your RX, its pretty low. Mine is more than double yours and I am still expecting to get through. Our whole family including my 3 yrs old daughter has glasses.

I dont think eye problems should be on the list of criteria for rejection.

Reactions: Black ms

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks ! Wish you the same too !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please can anyone tell me which health insurance will support me full cost(doesn't matter if the package is expensive) if I have eye surgery in Australia? My current provider is Bupa and the cost is around 1.1k for 2 years. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
regarding eye vision

hello please tel me i have catarac in both eyes but its ok now both are finish with operation now little problem in reading far words now i have to apply for work permit in australia in kitchen so tel is there any problem for me to get work visa

·
Registered
23,414 Posts
hello please tel me i have catarac in both eyes but its ok now both are finish with operation now little problem in reading far words now i have to apply for work permit in australia in kitchen so tel is there any problem for me to get work visa
For work visa it should not be a problem as long as it does not interfere with your job

Cheers

·
Registered
23,414 Posts
Please can anyone tell me which health insurance will support me full cost(doesn't matter if the package is expensive) if I have eye surgery in Australia? My current provider is Bupa and the cost is around 1.1k for 2 years. Thanks in advance
Any pre existing disease will not be covered by insurance no matter how expensive
You will have to check each medical policy and decide who covers what and under what circumstances
Don’t expect the members to do the research for you

Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts