Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's a long shot but I know there are a couple of Aussies here so maybe you have had to experience this but what do you do when you need a document or photo signed and witnessed by the Australian Embassy and are there any alternatives?

A trip to Madrid seems a touch overkill just for a signature but I can't think of any other alternative.
The form does state any JoP, Nurse, Dr, bank manager etc.. will do but I'm positive that is within Australia as it then goes on to say if you are overseas use an embassy or consul.

What's a consul anyway?
An embassy worker?

I've contacted the embassy to see what they say but I think I know the answer already.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
I usually go to the Ayuntamiento where a signature and rubber stamp looks official enough for the person receiving the document - never had any problems so far in the five years we've been here. Invariably our Ayuntamiento do it for free.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I should seek clarification from the motor reg department back in Oz if that would be acceptable but I'm not going to get my hopes up. We do have to go to the Ayuntamiento soon anyway so it would be good if they can.
I'll wait and see what the embassy has to say first as I'm sure they have had similar requests and maybe any of the Aussies here have had the same issue.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the embassy was as useful as I imagined and said to contact the department back in Australia.

*sigh*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts