Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am an 18 year old living in Adelaide, South Australia.
I have no relations in the US.

Once I have completed my gap year (basically a year break between completing year 12 and commencing education at University), I am planning on undertaking a Bachelor in Interior Architecture at Uni SA.

Once I have completed this course, I would like to move to and work in the USA, namely California, and hopefully San Francisco.

I have done extensive research and from my knowledge, I believe the E3 Visa would be best for me, but I would like some information on what my chances of obtaining a visa, and hopefully in the future gaining permanent residency would be?

What other careers in the rough field surrounding Interior Architecture could give me higher chances of gaining a visa and/or residency?

Plus any other information that could help me when I start the process of applying for a Visa to live and work in the USA.

Any help is appreciated!

Thankyou :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks heaps :)

I'll check out the J1 Visa
Hi there,

When I lived in Adelaide I applied for the USA Green Card lottery and was one of the lucky ones be accepted into the country this year! I think I applied 2 years in advance but it was easy enough and not expensive.

There was talk about this year/last year being the last year to apply but not sure when the cut off was. I think this would be much easier than finding a company to sponsor you and you only need a high school education to apply.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Megs

·
Registered
18 Posts
DV Lottery "easy...not expensive"

Hi Megs,

I was reading the processes that Selectees go through. It seems really complicated and expensive. I have some questions which I want to ask. I'm a newbie so I don't think I have access to PM.

Really would like to ask abt processes and scenarios.

Kind regards,
Beck

Hi there,

When I lived in Adelaide I applied for the USA Green Card lottery and was one of the lucky ones be accepted into the country this year! I think I applied 2 years in advance but it was easy enough and not expensive.

There was talk about this year/last year being the last year to apply but not sure when the cut off was. I think this would be much easier than finding a company to sponsor you and you only need a high school education to apply.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Megs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts