Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all folks,

I'm a fresher of this forum, I'm Andrea and I'm seriously planning of migrating to Australia at the end of 2010 - beginning of 2011.
What's the australian CV format?
I've been worked in Ireland for one year as Catering Assistant; I moved there for improving my English (I've a PET certificate of English with a very good spoken interaction production) and finding a job there.
Now I'm planning of moving there 'cos I want perform a Postgraduate Course in Exploration Geophysics and finding a job for mantaining myself. I want perform that course 'cos I'm interested into the mining sector. What about the mining sector job situation?

Actually I'm positive to the test for the VISA eligibility (Working Holiday VISA) and I would like to know if someone knows the migration agency called FOCUS AUSTRALIA, is it a valid agency?

Many thanks to all

ciao e grazie

Andrea :)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum.

The mining sector is still not doing too badly but we do rely on China a lot so you need to keep an eye on what is going on over there.

I've not heard of Focus Australia but you can check with them that they are MIA or MARA registered (there are links in the 'PLEASE READ....' sticky post towards the top of the forum).

For the working holiday visa I believe that you can only work for 6 months of the year.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CV format

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum.

The mining sector is still not doing too badly but we do rely on China a lot so you need to keep an eye on what is going on over there.

I've not heard of Focus Australia but you can check with them that they are MIA or MARA registered (there are links in the 'PLEASE READ....' sticky post towards the top of the forum).

For the working holiday visa I believe that you can only work for 6 months of the year.

Regards,
Karen
ok many thanks,

but what's the format of an australian cv? what's the order of the infos that I must put? i.e.: should I put my work experiences before of my education? for example

cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts