Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and am from Pakistan. I have a total of 5 years experience of working in Industrial field. I have done my Bachelors in Computer Communication from UK. I am thinking of applying for my Masters in the same computer field in Canada or Australia. My first priority is Australia. I also like the option of settling in one of these countries if I can get the opportunity after completing my education.

Can anyone please guide me in choosing which country is better at finding a part time job, easy to adjust and would be more appropriate for settling down permanently afterwards?

Thank You,

Emran

G

·
There is no guarantee of a PR or any visa when you have finished your studies. It depends on the sol at that time, your ability to meet the requirements or find an employer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Shel. I understand that the PR depended on the SOL list or a job offer letter from the employer at that time.

1. Do you think Canada or Australia is suitable for studies?
2. A country with more job to offer in Computer field including part time and full time?
3. Good economic conditions?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
1. What do you mean by "suitable"? I think Canadian universities rank a bit higher worldwide than Australian universities generally.

2/3. Unemployment rates are higher in Canada than in Australia (7.1% vs 5.8%). However, rates are declining in Canada while they are increasing in Australia.

You may wish to look at websites such as seek.com.au or mycareer.com.au to get a better idea of the job market in your field.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My advice would be to shoot for Australia...which has, currently, more flexibility for getting a PR.
It is a bit more expensive however...but its also much more sunny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts