Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
81 - 100 of 999 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Congratulations buddy.

:cool:Dear friends,

It is with immense pleasure, that I announce that I have finally received the elusive and precious VISA Grant!!

A big Thank you to each and every contributing member of this wonderful forum.

Your queries, answers and information have really helped me and others in this journey towards achieving the PR. My good luck to everyone who are in the process of chasing their dreams.

I hope to help and benefit in the next phase of this journey, because the journey has just begun.........

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Answered below

In the EOI, I am confused about following Questions, can anyone reply please.

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?

Say, YES and mark them as non-migrating members.

What should be my answer for the above question, as I am not including my wife and children in this particular application, but in the future I will sponsor, once I get my own visa.

How many family members?

Does it include wife + children or only children, because in the following question we are mentioning about the partner (wife)

Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application?

YES

Thanks

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Go for the highlighted option. This will be my point of view. But you weigh all other options and take a decision.

Hi Senior members,

Need your advise.

I have completed B com in 2003 after that I started working currently I have total 11.6 years experience in IT industry, while working I have completed few Microsoft certification like MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCDBA, as per ACS Vendor certifications MCTS I completed in 2010 accepted by the ACS as comparable to graduate outcomes of an ICT major at the AQF Diploma level.

Recently I completed MSc (IT) in 2014, but if I send M.Sc for assessment I will lose all the points for experience because ACS will consider Post Master degree experience.

My queries are:

1. I have BCom degree which is not related to my current role and experience, can you please advise ACS will consider or not consider Bcom degree against ANZSCO 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer skill assessment.
If ACS advises to go through RPL route if RPL deduct 6 years from my 11.6 years total experience, I will end up with 5.5 years experience to claim for experience points.

In this scenario can I get 15 Points for Degree and 10 points for remaining 5.5 years experience?

2. If ACS considers my MCTS which I completed in 2010 as per ACS vendor certification accepted by the ACS as comparable to graduate outcomes of an ICT major at the AQF Diploma level, will I by getting 10 points for MCTS as its comparable AQF Diploma level? Can I claim 10 points for experience Post MCTS from 2010 to 2015 I have 5 years experience or it will be deducted ACS/RPL?

Currently I am 32 years 3 months, I want to apply soon so that I don’t lose my age points, also preparing for PTE targeting to score above 79 in each module to get 20 points.

Please advise me best approach to move ahead with Australia PR.

·
Registered
170 Posts
CO requested updated documents - have question on this

Hi mathan,

The CO contacted me to provide updated documents. I have a couple of questions - could you please answer this:

1} I sent the documents by replying to their email and also in application. Now there is a button which says:

"REQUEST COMPLETE" - and the help text says - "If you have attached all requested documents through this immiaccount, click request complete button below to identify this application as being ready for assessment"

Should I click this button ?

2} How to contact the CO by phone ?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Hi There,

I am not sure what is this submit option,

Once you have uploaded your document, it will appear under the applicant name.

Probably Immi account site went through some changes, recently.

Also I am not sure of the contact information of CO, you got any details in the mail signature of the CO.

Hi mathan,

The CO contacted me to provide updated documents. I have a couple of questions - could you please answer this:

1} I sent the documents by replying to their email and also in application. Now there is a button which says:

"REQUEST COMPLETE" - and the help text says - "If you have attached all requested documents through this immiaccount, click request complete button below to identify this application as being ready for assessment"

Should I click this button ?

2} How to contact the CO by phone ?

Thank you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Nicemathan,

I have some questions and hope you can help me out. I got my approval for NSW SS.

1. I will be lodging my file tomorrow, 6th of May - is it necessary that I stay employed through the remainder of the application process? I ask because I am quitting my current job to look out for another by the end of June.

2. Once my file moves forward and I am asked to do my medicals, is it necessary for me to do it in the country from where I am applying (India) or can I do it from another country (Qatar). I expect to be in Qatar by the end of July to look out for job opportunities.

3. Is it possible for me to do my medicals and PCC in advance and keep it ready for when DIBP asks for them. So in this way i get both done while I am here in India itself.

Naveen
The logic behind getting a direct grant [i.e after
completing all the document upload you get the grant mail from case officer (CO) of DIBP] is to avoid back and forth communication between you and CO.

However, there are few things to take into account.

If you had read my thread, I had prepared most of my documents during my ACS submission itself.

You need to submit evidence in most cases only for the period for which you are claiming points.

Having said that, there are some queries which are frequently posted by applicants like the following:

Regarding Reference / Experience / R&R Letter:

I got my assessment letter last year (hypothetical situation) and after that I changed my company do I need to get a new experience or R&R certificate?

If you are in the same company and continuing in the same role use the same R&R letter which you used for ACS; but provide evidence that you are still continuing in the same organization in the same role by uploading pay slips; IT returns; Bank statement. No need for new R&R letter.

However, you happen to change the company but your new R&R is still the same as previous R&R projected to ACS and matching with the job code applied. Still no need to get a fresh R&R letter, include the relieving letter from previous company; offer letter from current company and provide pay slips; IT returns(in-case you have completed the IT cycle); Bank statement for the period post ACS assessment.

On the contrary, you have switched to a new role which is totally deviating from the job code you applied for ACS. Then provide evidence only till the month and year you continued in that role post ACS assessment. Still no need for fresh R&R letter. But, while filling the VISA application fill-in the current employment details and mark it as not relevant. Don’t worry CO will not ask for why there is no evidence? As you are not going to claim any points for those few months. I suppose, you might be confused now. Read the line again slowly you will get it.

Pay Slips:

Do I need to submit all the payslips for the relevant work experience accept by ACS ? (remember the ACS letter which says after June 2009)
Try to upload 1 per quarter or 1 per two quarters and continuous last 6 months.

My old company was paying me in cheque or cash, what shall I do?
Try to get a letter from the payroll team or HR team regarding the same in company letter head and upload the salary statement with breakups like HRA; basic etc.

No no my company is closed, how shall I go about it?
Difficult situation, try to do a research in this forum and identify similar forum members to get it clarified.

IT Returns:

I was below the tax slab, what to do?

State the same in an affidavit and attach the salary statement and pay slip if possible.
I was very careless in keeping my IT returns or acknowledgements, how do I get it?
Create an ID in income ta department site and using your PAN card number try to retrieve previous tax filling details online. Home This is what I heard from few of my colleague, I have not do it. Give it a try, it is possible it seems.

OR

walk-in to your city’s income head office or tax filling office and get it clarified. Where there is a will there is a way. Why to take such pains, the more clear and précis documentation, your case will be become more stronger and clearer for CO to assess.

Provident Fund Statement:

How can I get it?

If you are working for a top MNC, your payroll department will certainly have this information. Check if you could get from internal sites in your company’s payroll site. IF not walk-in to them and get it.

My company doesn’t have this level of documentation?

Try and have a word with the administrative department, whether it is possible to check how much PF you have got and try to take a print out of it. If not leave it. I did submitted it as I had it in my company.

Bank Statement:

How do I get it from the bank?

Call up the customer and tell them I want the bank statement from so and so date to till now. They will readily give it to you as you are a corporate customer. Also tell them to put a bank seal on each page and if possible a signature of a bank official. They will get it done.

Should I have to notarize these bank statements?

I would say no, I uploaded the bank state color scan copies which reflected my salary credit.

OR

you can take a photocopy and notarize the pages.

Note: You need to upload only for the years which ACS has deemed as relevant.

I made a pdf file per year and uploaded it with a naming convention <Applicant_Name>_BankName_Year.pdf

What if, I had changed the bank and forgot my account number?

Difficult again, try to call-up customer care try to get your bank details.

OR

walk-in to the branch where you had the account and provide your mobile number which you had been using while having the account and speak to the customer manager. Anything is possible as long as you don’t give-up.

Bank statement is not absolute mandatory document but it is always good to have enough proofs. As you can see CO’s might be handling several Indian applicants. So, that might be used to few set of documents which most applicants submit and there are chances they might expect the same from you too in a worst case scenario.

National ID card, what shall I upload?

Upload Aadhaar card (from an Indian applicant prospective) and PAN card. More than enough, no need for driving license or medical insurance card or ration card.

Why only Aadhaar & PAN card?

Aadhaar card can be verified in online and likewise PAN card number will be there all over your pay slips; form 16s; IT returns, which makes your case more authentic.

Apart from that I suppose, rest all documentation will be the same as used for ACS in-terms of education; offer and relieving letters, no need for fresh notary. As long as you want to give the notary guy some more business;):D

ACS & English Exam evidence:

Upload the pdf file you received from ACS, no need for notary sign, similarly the color scan of IELTS score card or the pdf file from PTE-A score card.

Thumb rule is straight forward for all documents to be uploaded in immi account.
Either upload color scan copies or original pdf files else take a Xerox/photocopy and get them notarized and upload.

Photograph:

I uploaded it, its up to you to do it or not.

Go to any of the standard photo studio in your location and tell them you want a passport size photograph for Australian VISA purpose, they will get it done. I guess some 70% face should be there.

But these photo studio guys charge hefty price for it. :confused2:

Take a scan of the photo and label it. Ok how do I label it? While taking the scan take a small print out of your name and keep it below the photo and scan it.

So here is the list of documents which I had uploaded:

• All company offer letters
  • All company relieveing letter, no need for current company as you will not have it, correct right !!!
  • Experience / Reference / R&R letter either in company letter head or Statuary declaration
  • Degree Certificate; College transfer certificate; Provisional Certificate; Course completion certificate; Conduct certificate
  • Passport (Previous & Current); if there are any VISA labels; check-in and check-out stampings do include that too.
  • Consolidated mark sheet aka transcripts
  • School certificates like 10th & 12th mark sheets & Transfer certificate
  • Form 16s (Its an income tax document given in India)
  • IT Returns
  • Bank Statement
  • Pay slips
  • Provident Fund statement
  • Photographs
  • ACS assessment letter
  • PTE-A / IELTS / anyother accepted English exam score card
  • Affidavit on Name change if any
  • Form 80 (I didnt upload Form 1221; incase if you account is mapped with it; fill and upload only for adults; I will try write about Form80 soon)
  • Birth certificate, if you have. (I guess if you DOB is before 1989, Indians can use their school marksheets as DOB evidence, not 100% sure, but I didnt submit it)

I hope these information helps. Please look forward to few more stuffs Medicals; PCC; and supplementary forms in the coming days. :) :)

Need a break now, typed too much, I suppose. Sorry for such a long write-up

I might have missed a few things, use this as a reference but dont regiment-ally follow as each applicants has their own case by case scenarios ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Have replied to your query in another thread...

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/196210-189-190-visa-applicants.html#post7075778

Hi Nicemathan,

I have some questions and hope you can help me out. I got my approval for NSW SS.

1. I will be lodging my file tomorrow, 6th of May - is it necessary that I stay employed through the remainder of the application process? I ask because I am quitting my current job to look out for another by the end of June.

2. Once my file moves forward and I am asked to do my medicals, is it necessary for me to do it in the country from where I am applying (India) or can I do it from another country (Qatar). I expect to be in Qatar by the end of July to look out for job opportunities.

3. Is it possible for me to do my medicals and PCC in advance and keep it ready for when DIBP asks for them. So in this way i get both done while I am here in India itself.

Naveen

Reactions: naveenoronha

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hi Naveen,

Do have a look at page#6 in this thread on PCC and Medicals effect on IED / FED.

Hi Nicemathan,

Naveen

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Nicemathan, you are quite an encyclopedia on immigration! Thanks a ton for your detailed information.

Going by what you have listed on page 6 i understand the IED and FED effect now. I will be lodging my application tomorrow. I intend to get my pcc done after a month. However when it comes to medicals, dont i need the HAP ID before i go ahead to get the medicals done? This would mean that i have to wait for the CO to be assigned to generate the medicals and do it through eMedicalClient as mentioned here Arranging a Health Examination

Naveen
Hi Naveen,

Do have a look at page#6 in this thread on PCC and Medicals effect on IED / FED.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Hi Naveen,

You dont need to wait for CO to generate HAP ID or arranging your medicals.

You can do it by clicking on health / organize health examination. :)

Hi Nicemathan, you are quite an encyclopedia on immigration! Thanks a ton for your detailed information.

Going by what you have listed on page 6 i understand the IED and FED effect now. I will be lodging my application tomorrow. I intend to get my pcc done after a month. However when it comes to medicals, dont i need the HAP ID before i go ahead to get the medicals done? This would mean that i have to wait for the CO to be assigned to generate the medicals and do it through eMedicalClient as mentioned here Arranging a Health Examination

Naveen

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Intro about PCC

Intro about PCC

Ok got some time to write about Police Clearance Certificate. (PCC)

Why do I need this ?

This is to prove that you are with a NO background of criminal records.

Basically, DIBP wants people with clean record to move into their country.

I have been in different countries, should I have to get PCC or Federal Police Clearance (USA) or any other police clearance from the country I resided ?

Yes, you need to provide PCC for all the countries, in which you have resided for more than 1 years i.e 365 days. Anything less than 1 year no need to provide PCC.

Confirming again, any country where you resided in the last 10 years more than 1 year, you need to get PCC. Anything less than that PCC is not needed. Even it was, say, 364 days. However, final decision on whether PCC is needed or not needed will be taken by CO.

I came across, one super example in the forum.

The question was: I moved from India to Australia on 2012, under temporary work permit (457); while applying for the VISA, I did PCC (Indian). After moving to Australia, I never returned to India, since 2012. Now, I am planning to apply for permanent resident VISA. Do I need to do a fresh Indian PCC.

The answer for this situation is as below, based on that applicant’s interaction with a Case Officer.

No need for a fresh Indian PCC; as you have never visited the country(India). So, you could use the same PCC used for 457 VISA (applied on 2012), again for the current PR VISA application.

Do I need to get PCC for all the applicants in my application?
Yes, for all the applicants above 18 years.

Is it possible to complete PCC, before submitting VISA application?
Yes, it is possible to get PCC done, with just an EOI invite. But, refer to Page#6 on this thread before going for PCC.

Do I need to get PCC for countries, where I traveled just a couple of days?
No, not needed. But do mention details of all overseas travels, including leisure and business. Even if it is for only few or couple of days.

Finally, refer to page#6 of this thread on how PCC and Medicals might affect your first or initial entry dates post GRANT. So, don’t rush in for PCC on immediately after getting the EOI invite.

More to come on PCC, shortly.

Hang in there please

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Indian PCC experience

Indian PCC experience.

I planned my PCC and medicals in such a way that I get enough lead time for IED/FED.
So, waited for 4-6 weeks before going in for PCC & Medicals.

Ok, how do I get an Indian PCC?

LetZ discuss simple straight forward scenario.

The address in passport and residing address are the same. Then it will be quite straight forward.

Walk-in to PSK (between 0900 to 1100 hours IST), by creating an online application, you will get the PCC at the last counter in PSK office.

What are the documents needed?

1) Passport copy, first four pages and last four pages.
2) Address proofs; (Any of the two from the approved list of documents as per PSK site); along with their photocopies. Try to sign in all the pages.
3) Invite letter(mandatory), if possible take your VISA application too.(optional)
4) Five hundred rupees, cash. Card not accepted.
5) Application acknowledgement copy. Yes, you need to select the country for which you need as AUSTRALIA while submitting the application via online.
6) Request letter explaining why you need PCC, in an A4 sheet. Format given below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To,
Director – Passport Seva Kendra
Bangalore

From,
<Your address>

Subject : Request for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for Australian Permanent Residency Visa.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I (Your Full name) am applying for Australian visa sub-class 189/190 skilled independent migrant. I would request you to issue police clearance certificate (PCC) for my visa application to be submitted to Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

My passport number is <Enter passport number>. Here with, I have also included the skill select invitation letter from the Australian immigration department to me, along with my passport copy, my spouse passport copy and other relevant documents.

Appreciate your assistance in issuing the PCC.

Thanking you.
Yours,

Date :

Move from one counter to another, its just a cake walk.

I did my PCC first, after a week or so my wife did her PCC.

Note: My wife got her passport re-issued after updating the address and adding my name. She got the passport without police verification.

We were in an impression that when she goes for PCC, they will seek police verification as it was not done during passport re-issue and there might be a delay from police department.

Guess what, she got her PCC at the last counter in PSK office on the same day in an hours’ time. HURRAY!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
More about different PCC scenarios coming soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice write up mate. As usual,very informative and right to the point.

Intro about PCC

Ok got some time to write about Police Clearance Certificate. (PCC)

Why do I need this ?

This is to prove that you are with a NO background of criminal records.

Basically, DIBP wants people with clean record to move into their country.

I have been in different countries, should I have to get PCC or Federal Police Clearance (USA) or any other police clearance from the country I resided ?

Yes, you need to provide PCC for all the countries, in which you have resided for more than 1 years i.e 365 days. Anything less than 1 year no need to provide PCC.

Confirming again, any country where you resided in the last 10 years more than 1 year, you need to get PCC. Anything less than that PCC is not needed. Even it was, say, 364 days. However, final decision on whether PCC is needed or not needed will be taken by CO.

I came across, one super example in the forum.

The question was: I moved from India to Australia on 2012, under temporary work permit (457); while applying for the VISA, I did PCC (Indian). After moving to Australia, I never returned to India, since 2012. Now, I am planning to apply for permanent resident VISA. Do I need to do a fresh Indian PCC.

The answer for this situation is as below, based on that applicant’s interaction with a Case Officer.

No need for a fresh Indian PCC; as you have never visited the country(India). So, you could use the same PCC used for 457 VISA (applied on 2012), again for the current PR VISA application.

Do I need to get PCC for all the applicants in my application?
Yes, for all the applicants above 18 years.

Is it possible to complete PCC, before submitting VISA application?
Yes, it is possible to get PCC done, with just an EOI invite. But, refer to Page#6 on this thread before going for PCC.

Do I need to get PCC for countries, where I traveled just a couple of days?
No, not needed. But do mention details of all overseas travels, including leisure and business. Even if it is for only few or couple of days.

Finally, refer to page#6 of this thread on how PCC and Medicals might affect your first or initial entry dates post GRANT. So, don’t rush in for PCC on immediately after getting the EOI invite.

More to come on PCC, shortly.

Hang in there please

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
If you are processing via Agent then he/she will have to generate the HAP ID for you.

Dear Nicemathan,

Ok will give it a thought. I am doing this through an agent in Sydney, i guess he will have to initiate this through the immiaccount.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello Friends,

I am in the process of applying for PCC. My passport has got old address, however I have Aadhar card and Voter card with new address. I got married last year, my wife was living in Punjab earlier, now she has moved to Hyderabad. But she does not have any address proof in Hyderabad.

My queries are:

1.I want to know if I and my wife need to apply for PCC separately or I can include her name in my PCC?
2.If my wife have to apply separately, then can she apply in Hyderabad with my address proofs. As I mentioned earlier, my address in passport is of the old house and spouse details are not yet updated. But we have a marriage certificate.
3.If PCC in hyderabad is not possible for her, then can she apply for PCC in Punjab? Will that be valid?
4.In few cases I have heard PCC being sent by post and for few on the same day. How can we get it on the same day?

Request you all to help me with above points.

Regards,
Manjyot Singh

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
If you have couple of approved address proves for your current address, I would suggest to go in for a passport re-issue in the current address and include your spouse name in your passport.

Then try to use marriage certificate and your address proofs along with your passport with wife's name endorsed in it, will help to get her passport in current address.

Go in for tatkal.

You cannot get combo PCC; each person has to get PCC individually.

Usually people residing in the address in the passport, get it(PCC) on the same day.

If the address in passport and residing location is different then it takes time.

Hello Friends,

I am in the process of applying for PCC. My passport has got old address, however I have Aadhar card and Voter card with new address. I got married last year, my wife was living in Punjab earlier, now she has moved to Hyderabad. But she does not have any address proof in Hyderabad.

My queries are:

1.I want to know if I and my wife need to apply for PCC separately or I can include her name in my PCC?
2.If my wife have to apply separately, then can she apply in Hyderabad with my address proofs. As I mentioned earlier, my address in passport is of the old house and spouse details are not yet updated. But we have a marriage certificate.
3.If PCC in hyderabad is not possible for her, then can she apply for PCC in Punjab? Will that be valid?
4.In few cases I have heard PCC being sent by post and for few on the same day. How can we get it on the same day?

Request you all to help me with above points.

Regards,
Manjyot Singh

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Regarding your query on the first para, sorry, I dont know how to proceed.

Regarding your queries in 2nd para

Do mention your old passport number in Form80 and deportation details in it. I doubt it will have an impact on your current application. :fingerscrossed: So, try to be as honest as possible.

I need help mate:

I have been deported from UK in 2002 when I was there on study visa for 2 years. I was deported just after 5 months of my entery and the reason was over work (more than 20 hours work per week) than the allowed on a student visa for 1 month. They did not place any cancelled stamp on my visa, but wrote some statement on the visa. I don't know exactly what was that statement. Later on I lost that passport also. Now I have no record of that case and also I don't know the legal status of that deportation and the ban period on it. It was not a criminal offence but a civil offence. How can I check my legal right to go back to UK and the ban on it?

Further, In the form 80 I have to mention all these details. Do you think this can affect my application to Australia immigration. Since then I travelled to UAE and KSA many times and worked their for many years. I have no criminal record. Please give your advice what should I do.

81 - 100 of 999 Posts